“Excellent in every sense!”
Review of Sailing Virgins

and up
Fast-track Sailing Skipper Course - Virgin Islands
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a sailing school in Tortola? Sailing Virgins balances learning how to sail with an awesome adventure. Our 7 day liveaboard courses turn students into skippers. We love the Caribbean with its crystal clear waters, year-round t-shirt weather and friendly locals. We also love sailing and sharing the knowledge. Our courses combine those two loves: some of the finest sail training in the world combined with having an awesome, adventurous time. Sailing Virgins teaches to ASA curriculums.
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Just got back sailing from Tortola > St. Maarten > St. Barts > Antigua > Guadaloupe with James of Sailing Virgins. It was an amazing experience and I learned a ton about sailing. I took the nautic ed course prior to arrival and feel completely confident in day sailing. James is an excellent teacher and an overall cool dude to be around. I would give the course 6 stars if it was an option! I would recommend spending a week with Sailing Virgins to anybody interested in sailing!

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thanks Ben! So good of you to jump straight onto TripAdvisor after you got off the boat. Very generous. Hope to see you sailing again sometime soon! James

All reviews
"life"
"vacation"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

I work on Cooper Island and did my Powerboat course with Sailing Virgins. Best. Course. Ever. James is such a legend! I've learned a ton in only 2 days and I gradually grew my confidence! Would recommend this course to everyone!!!

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

Thanks Noemie! So good working with you guys. :)

Reviewed June 30, 2017

James is patient clear and can taylor his teaching to any student. We had a crew all of different calibre and finished together as one team. An amazing course with an amazing teacher. You'd be silly not to do it.

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thanks Charles! Much appreciated. Catch you round in the new season.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

My wife and I just finished a 1 week sailing course (ASA 101, 103, 104 and 114; a.k.a zero to hero). We couldn't imagine having gained as much practical sailing instruction as we did. James Kell is a very accomplished sailor who has sailed all over the world. He has a calm teaching style which never made you feel like a sailing idiot, even at those times when you did. Studying of ASA books and having the written tests aside, we sailed throughout the BVI's hitting the best spots and eating some awesome local fare. Gained a lot of skills by having some urgent situations (squalls) and when we "lost the dingy" (haha; we did recover it!) and got the jib tangled while furling it in another squall.
I couldn't recommend this course more. Need to add that my wife and I are 50 somethings, and older than the Sailing Virgins target audience, but felt right at home with James peaceful, calm demeanor, extraordinary experience, sense of humor, and passion for all things sailing.
If you are thinking about it...JUST DO IT!

Thanks Karl! Was an excellent time we had. Let's stay in touch as you look at options with boats and offshore sailing!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 7 days with Sailing Virgins this past March cruising and learning to sail. I had never been on a sailboat prior and I was extremely nervous but Rupert and James put my fears to rest and did their best to make me feel comfortable. I found the week flew by as I learned some sailing basics and visited beautiful spots in amongst the islands... I found both Rupert and James knowledge and passionate about sailing and if you are looking for a memorable and out of the ordinary vacation I would highly recommend Sailing Virgins!

Thank you for your kind words! Glad to hear it. :)