“So amazing I decided to get married during it! ”
Review of Sailing Virgins

and up
Fast-track Sailing Skipper Course - Virgin Islands
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a sailing school in Tortola? Sailing Virgins balances learning how to sail with an awesome adventure. Our 7 day liveaboard courses turn students into skippers. We love the Caribbean with its crystal clear waters, year-round t-shirt weather and friendly locals. We also love sailing and sharing the knowledge. Our courses combine those two loves: some of the finest sail training in the world combined with having an awesome, adventurous time. Sailing Virgins teaches to ASA curriculums.
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

James is an amazing captain and an even more amazing person. His love for the water and sailing made this trip so peaceful. He goes above and beyond to make sure all guests are enjoying themselves. During our trip my husband and I decided to get married and James was the officiant! I couldn't of asked for a better wedding or vacation :)

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Yes Jenessa that is the first time I have ever married a couple. So glad and honoured to have had the opportunity.

All reviews
"life"
"vacation"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I wasn't looking forward to this trip. Im not a sailboat fan. I had the time of my life and developed a new passion! It was an Incredible experience thanks to the hospitality and service offered by SAILING VIRGINS. We ran into other groups who also chartered with Sailing Virgin's Skippers and we found them all to be very knowledgeable, profesional & genuine. I will certainly go again! If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

James K, Manager at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thanks! Very good of you to write this. Let's rinse & repeat! :)

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

James Kell and Sailing Virgins made my recent trip to The British Virgin Islands unforgettable. Not only did I have the opportunity to learn to sail while snorkeling and scuba diving all of the reefs and wrecks in BVI, I also was fortunate enough to get married during my Sailing Virgins trip on the boat. I would highly recommend Sailing Virgins to anyone and look forward to sailing with them many more times.

Thanks Matt. Looking forward to sailing with you again!

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Sailing in the BVIs had been on my bucket list for years and this trip checked all the boxes and more. Our skipper James Kell was so knowledgeable about all things sailing, but made learning easy & fun! My favorite piece of learning: tying knots! We visited lots of cool spots, both on and off shore, some on the less touristy side which is always my preference. Great dining options, time for ad-hoc swims & overall good times w/the crew - I can't recommend Sailing Virgins (specifically James & Libby) enough if you're looking for the best all around sailing experience!

1  Thank BostonExplorer02127
James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

Thank you Karen! This is fantastic to hear. Hope to see you next time you're in the BVI!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2017

The BVI's are a great place to sail and James Kell is the captain to do it with. His style is relaxed yet you feel safe all the time. He has an incredible depth of sailing knowledge and imparts it in a fun and entertaining way. I had the best week on his boat sailing in paradise. Thank you James!!!

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Werner it was a pleasure sailing with you! Thanks for the generous comments here. Hope to see you again for more sailing adventures soon.