Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Offshore Sailing Experience

I sailed from NYC to Bermuda Nov 2022. This was a unique and challenging experience. I highly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jillianf855
10/10 sailing virgins

I just completed my 105 and 106, and I used sailing virgins. They are so amazing and I recommend... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Rme44
Flagstaff, Arizona
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Tortola
from $1,295.00
from $1,295.00
from $695.00
from $84.50
More Info
All reviews sailing experience learning how learn how perfect balance actual sailing fun sailing boat skipper a lot of fun an absolute blast local culture british virgin islands spent a week amazing trip bareboat charter james asa skills
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

I was out traveling with two friends in the Caribbean and unexpectedly came into contact with James who asked if we wanted to go for sailing school for a few days. We took the opportunity and that was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Sailing virgins is a great sailing company with instructors that make your experience worth while. I had never been on a sailing boat before, while some of the other girls on board had been sailing their whole life. You don't have to be experienced, the instructor will accommodate to your level. We were at the most seven girls on the boat. Me and my friends only went out for three days, while the other girls were staying 1-4 weeks. We only went out for a fun experience but the other girls had goals to become skippers. So, sailing virgins is for everyone. Furthermore, the beautiful BVI doesn't make the experience less worth while. It's amazing down there and I'm really happy I got to experience the islands through sailing. Thank you Sailing Virgins for this great experience! I'll recommend you all to book your trip right away!

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

While I was on travel in the Caribbean, the spontaneous opportunity came up to join this sailing school. Two friends of mine and I booked a trip for half a week. We had no experience at all and just jumped into to the fascinating world of sailing. On the boat we stayed with the instructor and 3 other students. In total we were a group of 7 people, which was an excellent size of Group.
Everyone was on a different level of sailing knowledge, but this made the team even better. Because of that, the more experienced students could get more challenging tasks and also helped me and my friends to strengthen the basics we were about to learn. I felt that the instructor teaches everyone individually at the best, even though we were all so different.
We all got along very well from the first moment and enjoyed the time together.
Besides that, we got to know so many people at the different island we visited and had a lot of fun.
The Caribbean is a perfect spot for sailing, but also other locations will be wonderful. James, the owner of Sailing Virgins, organizes the sailing courses and trips fantastic. He is a really courteous person and it will be a pleasure for you to meet him.
I can highly recommend to book a trip with Sailing Virgins. You will feel so blessed while sailing with this excellent sailing school.

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Our skipper for the week (I called him captain) was enthusiastic and a good teacher. Not all good skippers make good teachers but our Clinton did. The week was safe and fun, seeing such a lovely side to the Islands and enjoying the evenings in little bars and cool restaurants along the way. The BVI is a millionaires playground, but for the price of a week's boat hire you can be a millionaire too at a fraction of the price and learn along the way. Highly recommended: five stars

1  Thank J8238KZrichardb
James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Fantastic, thanks for your feedback Richard.

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

Can't thank James enough! The trip was the perfect balance of a relaxing vacation, getting to see some of the most beautiful Islands in the BVI and learning to sail! Having little to zero previous sailing knowledge this was a fantastic experience, bringing a lot of fun to learning how to sail. I can't wait to be back for more!

1  Thank katrinabrady
Reviewed January 5, 2017

What can I say? Amazing! Jamie, our instructor and now friend, is awesome! A very informed sailor who is more than willing to share his wisdom. My wife and I spent a week on board Libertas learning the art of sailing and enjoying the beauty of the BVI. I'm trying hard not to use too many superlatives in this review, too many can sound fake, but the whole experience was truly amazing! If you are looking for the perfect combination of insightful instruction, an insiders guide to the islands and well as a great time....then this is it! We can't say enough about both Sailing Virgins as well as Jamie Oliver!
From the first email inquiry until the last day on the boat in Sopers Hole.......Perfect!!

Thanks again to both Jamie and James......Don & Staci