“Loved our day of Sailing around Tortola”
Review of Sailing Virgins

Sailing Virgins
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a sailing school in Tortola? Sailing Virgins balances learning how to sail with an awesome adventure, especially for millennials. Our 7 day liveaboard courses turn students into skippers. We love the Caribbean with its crystal clear waters, year-round t-shirt weather and friendly locals. We also love sailing and sharing the knowledge. Our courses combine those two loves: some of the finest sail training in the world combined with having an awesome, adventurous time. Sailing Virgins teaches to ASA curriculums.
Reviewed January 18, 2017

Our day of sailing around Tortola was not nearly long enough. We had such a great day...we wanted it to last longer! We only had a 9-5 day booked, We would recommend at least 1-2 days, if not more, to properly island hop and see all the beauty there is to see in this area.

My group of 4 won an auction item, that we bid on at a charity gala, and part of it was a day of boating on a 45' Catamaran. Captain Clinton greeted us very professionally, asked us the appropriate questions, and went over the 'rules' for our boating trip....all for our safety and fun. When we left the marina, we hoisted the sails and set sail - we had great winds that day, and truly had a fantastic time. Clinton was a wonderful captain: he kept us aware of what was going on, why he was doing certain things, and also got our guys in on the action.

He gave suggestions as to what would be safe/fun for our day on the water, but also listened to us - to get our input as to what we wanted to do.

i would definitely recommend Sailing Virgins to my friends who are headed to Tortola, and we will definitely book another trip....one that is longer next time. Novice sailor/boaters, as well as experienced ones would love this experience!!

Thanks again!

1  Thank MelissaMcInnisBlack
James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Thanks Melissa! We love hearing this.

All reviews
"life"
"vacation"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

I was out traveling with two friends in the Caribbean and unexpectedly came into contact with James who asked if we wanted to go for sailing school for a few days. We took the opportunity and that was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Sailing virgins is a great sailing company with instructors that make your experience worth while. I had never been on a sailing boat before, while some of the other girls on board had been sailing their whole life. You don't have to be experienced, the instructor will accommodate to your level. We were at the most seven girls on the boat. Me and my friends only went out for three days, while the other girls were staying 1-4 weeks. We only went out for a fun experience but the other girls had goals to become skippers. So, sailing virgins is for everyone. Furthermore, the beautiful BVI doesn't make the experience less worth while. It's amazing down there and I'm really happy I got to experience the islands through sailing. Thank you Sailing Virgins for this great experience! I'll recommend you all to book your trip right away!

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

While I was on travel in the Caribbean, the spontaneous opportunity came up to join this sailing school. Two friends of mine and I booked a trip for half a week. We had no experience at all and just jumped into to the fascinating world of sailing. On the boat we stayed with the instructor and 3 other students. In total we were a group of 7 people, which was an excellent size of Group.
Everyone was on a different level of sailing knowledge, but this made the team even better. Because of that, the more experienced students could get more challenging tasks and also helped me and my friends to strengthen the basics we were about to learn. I felt that the instructor teaches everyone individually at the best, even though we were all so different.
We all got along very well from the first moment and enjoyed the time together.
Besides that, we got to know so many people at the different island we visited and had a lot of fun.
The Caribbean is a perfect spot for sailing, but also other locations will be wonderful. James, the owner of Sailing Virgins, organizes the sailing courses and trips fantastic. He is a really courteous person and it will be a pleasure for you to meet him.
I can highly recommend to book a trip with Sailing Virgins. You will feel so blessed while sailing with this excellent sailing school.

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Our skipper for the week (I called him captain) was enthusiastic and a good teacher. Not all good skippers make good teachers but our Clinton did. The week was safe and fun, seeing such a lovely side to the Islands and enjoying the evenings in little bars and cool restaurants along the way. The BVI is a millionaires playground, but for the price of a week's boat hire you can be a millionaire too at a fraction of the price and learn along the way. Highly recommended: five stars

1  Thank Richard B

Fantastic, thanks for your feedback Richard.