“Great snorkeling but very exposed”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Indians

More attraction details
Owner description: Regarded as one of the best shallow dives in the BVIs, these four rocky pinnacles rise and descend roughly the same fifty feet above and below the water surface, which form abundant coral gardens, a 15-foot tunnel, lots of fish and an underwater cavern.
Omaha, Nebraska
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling but very exposed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

There were lots of fish and beautiful coral to see here. But, the fact that this place is so exposed makes the waves, wind and current difficult on a breezy day. Our group had a BLAST hanging out here. I will admit that there were better snorkeling spots, but this one is certainly worth visiting. I will go back here next time I visit the BVI

Visited May 2014

Lake Mary, Florida
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not as clear as the Caves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Caves at Treasure Point were better snorkeling, in my opinion, but this was a cool place, just not as much sealife as I expected.

Visited May 2014
Florida
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Clear waters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Indians is a great place if you are a novice snorkeler, it is very protected and shallow enough to feel comfortable. Unfortunately not to many fish. This area is hit daily by many people. But if you are comfortable in the water head to the back side of the rocks away from the shallow area and there you will see the beauty this has to offer where is it is not shallow enough for anyone to stand and ruin the coral. The back of the rocks have a nice wall full of seafans and coral and plenty more fish. I really wish that the charters would take their time and really explain the importance of not Touching or Standing on the Coral and how it dies and takes many many years for the coral to grow back.

Visited April 2014
Acworth, Georgia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Best snorkel of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am so glad we took the trip and snorkeled around the Indians. The water clairty was fantastic and the numbers and species of fish was incredible. This is much better than beach snorkeling. My only complaint was that we didn't get to stay long enough! One side of the Indians is shallow, so shallow in some places that I didn't go because I thought I'd scrape. The other side is deep, probably 50 feet and you could see the bottom. We swam with a school of probably 200+ fish (or they swam with us) that were about 12" long on the deep side. I can't wait to go back here.

Visited April 2014
North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Beautiful above and below!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We snorkeled here, we didn't dive, but it was great. It was really much deeper than I was comfortable with at first, but I came around and the beauty won over. The water is really clear, but deep blue because it's deeper than an average snorkel spot. Areas are shallower than others and there's lots of beautiful scenery.

Visited May 2013