“A great spot but a little rough for anchorage”
Review of Cooper Island

More attraction details
Owner description: A small, isolated and charming island that serves as a mooring haven for yachts.
Salmon Arm B.C.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A great spot but a little rough for anchorage”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We spent 1 night and that was enough, the wind and the waves made for a long nite. The restaraunt was good and the service was great. The snorkeling was also good

Visited December 2011
2 Thank mexicoboundo

Columbia, South Carolina
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“WOW - excellent mooring, beautiful island and great snorkeling”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We sailed to Cooper Island and got a mooring ball in the bay. The snorkeling was excellent and the island is absolutely beautiful. Great stop.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank WileyPost
West Paterson, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The most beautiful island”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We took a sailboat to Cooper Island, had lunch and just enjoyed the beach & scenery. It was truely the most beautiful island! If you're looking for a place to go not to get caught up in the hustle & bustle......Cooper Island is where to go! I would like to stay longer next time I'm there.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Kristy B
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Beautiful Stop and Good Food”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

This was a stop on a BVI motor yacht tour for lunch. The beach was beautiful and the restaurant there was a really nice place to eat. The food was good and so was the service!

Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed November 20, 2006

We stayed at the Beach House owned by the Evans last December. ( I am only writing this now because I just found out you can write reviews!!) We have been to Cooper Island numerous times before, but have always been on a chartered catamaran and have anchored there. My hubby and I thought that since we loved Cooper so much it would be great to stay there for a week. We are very un-needy people...obviously when we usually live on a catamaran for 2 weeks, but the Beach house was not what we were expecting. It is a breath taking view...once some workers from the beach club came and trimmed the hedges for us, and nothing beats waking up in the morning and sitting on the large front porch.

The problems were that even with the solar electricity you need to have a battery that is capable of taking a charge from the sun. Ours died and it took 2 days for the beach club to get another one. Next, were the shower bags. Now I do't need a luxurey shower or anything, but the beach bags were molding when we got there and had to have them replaced as well. A tip for other who are going...I heated my water on the stove in the tea kettle and a pot until boiling then filled the rest with cold tap water in the shower bag...no need to even lay it in the sun to heat up! Next was we had a gas leak while we were there in our propane stove. Not a huge problem, but it just compiled with all the rest. Walking to the Beach Club got to be a hastle everytime we needed something fixed.

The house itself is small. It served it's purpose, but really it is just like a studio apartment. We had bought $300.00 worth of groceries that we brought over with us, but cooking on the crappy little grill and the stove made my vacation to much work, so we ate most dinners at the Beach Club restuarant...very good. We donated the food to the Beach Club workers who are beyond friendly. Next time I go to tay on the island for a while, I will stay at the Cooper Island Beach Clubs hotel. We toured one and it was very nice.

In my opinion, the Evans Beach House is not worth the money. It doesn't seem like to me that they put much of an effort to maintaining it.

11 Thank dtenel