“Perfect!”
Review of Rumbaba - CLOSED

Rumbaba
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a charter boat company based in Charlotte Amalie. They do a lot of tours/snorkeling excursions for those staying on St. Thomas or coming in on cruise ships.
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We sailed with Captain Bobby and First Mate Karen on Sept. 20th. It was a perfect day for a sail/snorkel. Parking was in the lot up the hill across from the Marina. We were met promptly at Red Hook when we were picked up by Captain Bobby in a dinghy and brought to the boat. Sailed to Hawks Nest after munching on Karen's Banana Bread and having a delicious Bloody Mary. Hawks Nest was nice enough...saw a Sea Turtle and snorkeled for about 50 minutes. Came back to the boat to enjoy delicious shrimp and mango cheddar hors d'ouvres. Great Rum Runner Punch and Painkillers. We enjoyed Mahi Mahi and Ahi Tuna for lunch accompanied by pasta salad and yummy garlic ciabatta. After lunch we were content to sail around instead of snorkel. This gave us a chance to see areas we would not otherwise see. The other couple (who we did not know) was happy to do this so we had a lovely afternoon sail. I can't imagine a better day ! It was so much better than a bigger group type sail and they were the perfec hosts. I would heartily recommend it and would do it again. The price was reasonable, and much more of an experience than a dinner out.
Thank you Captain Bobby and Karen!

Reviewed September 9, 2009

We sailed Wednesday sept 2nd. We had initially booked the sail for sept 3rd, but a tropical storm was coming in and I got a call from Captain Bobby who was concerned about the weather and thankfully rescheduled us for a day earlier.

The Sail went off without a hitch and was great, the mahi mahi was amazing! the snorkeling was great and the drinks were awesome! They made real drinks, with top shelf liquor.
I sailed with my two boys, 14 / 10 and Bobby was great with them, even taking them for a quick ride in the dingy. Bobby quickly realized that we were everyone on the boat was intererested in snorkeling, so went to a place that was nice and smooth. We saw lots of fish, a turtle and a couple rays.
If you are looking for a great sail with everything top of the line everything, give rumbaba a try.

Reviewed August 24, 2009

Rumbaba has been our favorite way to start our vacations for the past 6 years. Captain bobby and First Mate Karen provide a superior day of sailing and feasting. Starting the day with homemade banana bread and a sail to a special place to snorkel gets you right in the VI mood, slow and easy. After a morning snorkel or sunbathing, appetizers and drinks are served and only one word describes it "Heaven". While you eat your shrimp, veggies, and cheddar mango dip Captain Bobby grills your lunch entree. "Perfection" Lunch finished another snorkel and leisurely sail back. All during the day Captain Bobby and Karen see to your every need and entertain you with stories of the VI and points of interest. This is a day sail that is not to be missed. We certainly don't

Reviewed August 18, 2009

I did some research online before hand and had emailed a couple of the captains. Captain Bobby was very prompt in responding and the reviews here in Trip Advisor were great. We are so glad we booked this trip. We had originally booked it for a Tuesday after we arrived on a Saturday. When we landed, Captain Bobby had left me a voice message saying that we had a better chance of good weather for the very next day (Sunday) and would we like to change our day. We did and had a blast. We met at the dock in Red Hook and joined 2 other couples for a total of 6 people on the trip. That is a perfect number and not like the "cattle call" boats. Captain Bobby asked our group before hand what we wanted to do and he based the day on every one's preference. We did a sail in the morning over to Hawks Nest Bay, St John for a great snorkle. After the snorkle/swim, he and mate Lori prepared a delicious lunch. It's the same thing you would probably pay $30-40 for on land. The food was absolutely wonderful. After lunch we did a sail over to a small uninhabited island for another snorkle swim and then back to the dock. If you are researching and want to do a day trip in the USVI, then I highly recommend Captain Bobby and Rumbaba. Mate Lori has also been a bartender and makes wonderful Rumbaba dirty bloody Mary's, Rumbaba rum punch and Painkillers. Plus she mixed a special request drink for one of the guests on the trip. All I can say is if we come back to St Thomas and want another sail, I will look no farther than Captain Bobby and Rumbaba.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2009

On June 28th, my boyfriend and I set sail with Rumbaba in celebration of his 30th birthday. I may be bias since this was my first sail (ever) nevertheless, I'm confident in saying, Captain Bobby and Mate Karen are the very best in the VI.

Our morning began with some marvelous Bloody Marys and blueberry-banana bread. We happened to be the only couple on the boat that day - it could not have been more peaceful as we cruised over to St. John. The sea was spectacular. For every wave of turquoise there were equal splashes of sapphire and amethyst.

Our first stop, "Six Butt Beach," was host to a coral wilderness with an encyclopedia of curious fish, a wonderful snorkel with a hint of danger - complements of the great barracuda. I was so enthralled that I required an escort back to the boat for lunch. There, a lovely spread of spiced shrimp and fresh veggies accompanied a delectable mango-infused dip. For lunch, fresh Ahi Tuna. I highly recommend this choice. The painkillers, not to be missed.

On the verge of stuffed, we bid farewell to Six Butt and sailed to an adjacent island where an even more intriguing reef awaited exploration. At once I found myself completely at home with my new fishy friends. But before I could say parrotfish, snorkel time was over.
The sail back to St. Thomas was a reggae-pirate photo op, equipped with dreadlocks and eye patch – peg leg not included. From start to finish, it was a fabulous time full of old jokes, new sights, and great memories. We’ll be sure to do it again at our earliest opportunity.

1  Thank ndosedel