“Mahi-Mahi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Au Coin des Amis

Au Coin des Amis
Ranked #31 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
North Olmsted
“Mahi-Mahi”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

You have to try the lolo's when you go to St. Martin. We haven't been to this one before so I decided to try it for dinner. It was great, I had the Mahi-Mahi, rice & beans and potato salad. My husband had the chicken plate. Both plates were filling and tasty. Don't forget to try the Johnny cakes. Service can be slow even when there are only a few other customers but worth the wait.

• Visited May 2014

Hamilton, Ontario
“Great!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was the first lolo that we tried and we were all very happy. The food was good and the prices were fantastic. We got lots of food and the flavours were all great. Our bill was less than $30 for 4 people. It was also right on the water so the view was nice as well. I guess the ribs were great as that is what the others in my party had and they couldn't stop talking about them all week.

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Local Favorite and best by far!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the sparkling lights in the back by the water or the hockers near the street that try to bribe you into their restaurant. There is only one LoLo restaurant in Grand Case and that is Au Coin Des Amis.

And now that Talk of the Town closed, it seems that everyone is finding this little restaurant the one to dine at.

Family-run and locally favored, this one for one outdoor restaurant is the best by far. My staple is the barbecued ribs with plaintain's and rice and beans, while my lovely wife always prefers her stuff crabs and salad. The freshest and the best.

Ask for the local Ti punch with no ice and they will be impressed!!!!

You can thank me later.

Gatineau, Canada
“We liked it!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Au coin des amis is a traditionnal ´lolos ´ facing the ocean with an open bbq. We shared traditionnal creole food like boudin noir, cod fritters, pork rib and plantain. Everything was good, tasty and generous. Staff was friendly. Try it if you want a taste of the Caraïbe. Really

• Visited February 2014
Englewood, New Jersey
“Lolo with some spice!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Now that Talk of the Town has closed, I had to choose another lolo for the first time in 25 years. The cheery server/greeter attracted me and we were not disappointed. The menu is traditional lolo and prices are reasonable. The main difference is the (optional) spicy sauce poured on the ribs after they are grilled. I liked it but beware it has a kick! Plantains were freshly cooked, Johnny cake was good too. They claim to have been the Christophene subcontractor for TOTT so we ordered one to share. Friendly service was a nice differentiater here.

• Visited February 2014