“un autre bijoux”

Restaurant Cam Ranh Bay - Viet Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“un autre bijoux”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The French colonial empire may be but a vestige of its former glory but tasty bits of it remain in many salubrious corners of the globe. One such hidden gem has been transplanted from Indochine to the French Antilles. In the charming village of Grand Case on St. Martin, you will find Restaurant Cam Ranh Bay nestled above the beach. The proprietor is very friendly and more, importantly, his wife is an outstanding cook. Her spring rolls are perfection and her Pho Tai as good as any I've tasted in Vietnam itself.

Visited January 2014

Grand Case, St. Maarten-St. Martin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“so tasty”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

my husband and I went here for lunch 2 days in a row. the first day we had an order of soft spring rolls and an order of shrimp shiu mai and one of pork shiu mai. they were all very tasty and we loved the homemade hot sauce. the next day we had a cabbage salad and a bowl of beef pho. I loved the salad, which came with shrimp and my husband gave the soup a 7 out of 10 - the broth was a bit on the light side. lovely seats by the water and a wonderful host/owner. will most definitely go back before we have to leave this food heaven.

Boston, Massachusetts
“great find”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I have been going to St Martin for 15 years. The food is very good but rather expensive and rich. This year we came upon a new restaurant which was Vietnamese. It is hidden behind the lolos. The place is run by a husband and wife team. She does all the cooking and he does the seating, takes the orders, delivers your food and gives you your check.

We went rather early (6:30) before it got busy so service was no problem. I suspect that later with more people, it would be difficult to keep up the good service with only one waiter.

The food was a wonderful change from the usual in St Martin. It was very fresh and tasty. There were many dishes to choose from and a short explanation next to each. We liked it so much that we went back twice. We wish them good luck and much success!
The hours open are from 10AM to 10PM for lunch or dinner.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was a nice place for a rather inexpensive dinner. The view is nice and the restaurant is quiet. The food was tasty. The spring rolls were fresh and really good. My shrimp fried rice was a bit greasy but it tasted good and I ate it all. There were a lot shrimp too! My husband's lemongrass chicken was very flavorful and a bit lighter than my meal.

I would eat here again.

Riga, Latvia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cam Ranh Bay”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place with beautiful view . Food is extremely delicious and owner is great. There you will spend time with pleasure.

1 Thank NicoleSnepste