“fine french restaurant”

Le Shambala
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A magical setting for a new restaurant Le Shambala located on Grand Case Beach. Fine dining, with a wide selection of quality fish, lobster & meats. Only fresh food of the highest quality strictly selected and cooked with a fusion of European and Carribean flavours by a French Antillean Chef .According to the market, the chief may change some dishes.Le Shambala offers one of the most spectacular sunsets of the island.We invite you to join us for sunset cocktails and fine dining on the Carribean Sea.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We dinned at this restaurant and service and food was awesome. We ordered the french special of the day, which was a very tasty Coq au vin. The restaurant has an amazing view, they recommend to get there at dawn to watch the sunset, which we missed unfortunately. It is not a cheap restaurant, but give it a try if you can.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is the most beautiful of the 6 restaurants we ate at in Grand Case. The view is spectacular. The service is great. Food was good, but not particularly memorable (I am reviewing this one week later and don't recall any of what we had).

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

One of the most beautiful places (restaurant and bar) on the island. The frozen pina coladas tasted very good (we thought they were not really cheap... but well.... twice the price is also twice the size here!). We did not have dinner here as there were only 4 other guests and we found it a bit too quiet.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is a beautiful setting for a restaurant, but the food can only be described as bland. Everything was fresh and adequately cooked, but there was no seasoning in any dish we tasted. We had asparagus soup and Caesar salad, followed by lobster fricassee (described as champagne sauce) and scallops with coconut risotto (four very TINY scallops.) For the price we were very disappointed and still hungry. We often skip dessert, but we ordered something I can’t remember. I can’t recall ever wishing for salt & pepper on the table, but it might have helped here.

2  Thank TravelGolfer
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ate here for our 5th anniversary. The service was excellent and the views were breathtaking. They were attentive but not pushy and we got the sense that we could just sit and relax all night and it would not be a problem. At one point, when it started raining, one of the staff even walked me to the restroom with an umbrella so I didn't get wet. My husband was very very happy with his food. I am a particular eater and just didn't care for what I ordered but that was more due to my palate than the food, which I could tell was of the highest quality. They even brought us complimentary champagne.

We went back on a second night for a pre-dinner drink. The service at the bar was a little slow and it seemed like we caught them during prep-time, even though it was after happy hour had started. But the drinks were delicious (and even a bit boozy - they are generous with their alcohol!) and I would return without question the next time we travel to St. Martin.