“delicious, but, service issues”
Review of Ocean 82

Ocean 82
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The last time we ate here, was years ago, when it was Fishpot. I am delighted that the space was opened again since it has arguably the best real estate on the beach for a restaurant. My husband started with spring rolls, which, were largely unremarkable. I had a marlin appetizer, rare, with an amazing asian sauce. It was mouth watering. We followed that with leg of lamb, which, my husband said was the best he ever had. I had whole sea bass, with bearnase sauce, that they filleted at the table. Nice presentation. An excellent bottle of Chateau nuef de pape accompanied this meal nicely. Dessert was a molten chocolate cake, which, was decadent!
Now, for the service issues. This restuarant is owned by the same owners of Bistrot Caraibes, across the street. As more diners arrived, the staff appeared to be unorganized. I noticed plates of food waiting to be delivered from the kitchen. Fortunately, for us, we were at the end of our meal when this began to happen. However, we did have to pour our own wine a couple of times. Not a big deal, but, for the $$$$ that you shell out for a meal, service needs to be on the same par as the food. Having said that, we will return on our next visit. Hopefully, by then they will have these issues worked out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food is great It is a must see when going to stmarten this is the best rersterant I have ever been to holy jesus this place is magical amazing food spectacular service you need to visit this place it will change your outlook on life

1  Thank redsnipev
Reviewed April 24, 2013

There are lots of great restaurants in Grand Case, and this one was no exception. We decided to go here at the recommendation of someone at our hotel instead of one of the other restaurants rated in the top three, so glad we did. We split oysters (which were very good, served with a great champange sauce), and each had an appetizer. I chose French onion soup--loved it...may be one of the best I've had, even in comparison to the ones I've had in France. My husband had the Caesar salad, which was just ok. For entrees I had the lobster ravioli, it was awesome, served in a stock broth, it seemed more like a dumpling soup, but it was really great. Husband had the fish pot and he said it is likely "one of the best entrees I've ever had." View is beautiful, overlooking the ocean. We did not arrive until after 7 pm, but I suspect this would be a great place to watch the sunset. I will look for this restaurant to be in the top 3 on TripAdvisor very soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is new in Grand Case. Very good food. We could walk from where we stay, for dinner Owners
came together to make this restaurant

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stopped here without a reservation, and although they were busy, they accomodated us. My mom asked to smoke, and they asked the people nearby if they minded. I appreciated this (as a non-smoker), but my mom is used to smoking anywhere she wants in st martin. Eggplant app was fantastic. I wish i didn't have to share it! Btw, they plated it separately so we could share without dealing with it. Mom had wonderful lemongrass fish pot that she raved about. I had a grilled shrimp with zucchini compote that was very tasty and interesting. Bloody mary dessert was delicious and definitely worth trying. Service was pleasant and attentive.