“Best restaurant in Grand Case!”
Review of L'Effet Mer

L'Effet Mer
Ranked #21 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner, French, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant L' Effet Mer in the heart of the village of Grand-Case, called "the gastronomic capital of the Caribbean" is the new place to be to discover a sophisticated and refined cuisine.
Raleigh NC
“Best restaurant in Grand Case!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here during our vacation.

The service was top notch, the selection vast, and the food artfully prepared. It is a wonderful French restaurant, with a great beachfront location, and all of the other diners were French, which is always a great sign.

Our waitress was knowledgeable, prompt without hovering, and really helped us decide what we should order. Their seafood is so fresh they actually brought out a platter when we were first seated to show us all of the fresh fish choices for the day.

Both of our meals were wonderful....this was our favorite dinner for the entire trip.

Definitely a must-do for a trip to Grand Case.

• Visited September 2012

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The view of the ocean at this restaurant is spectacular.The perfect location for a romantic dinner. The goat sampler was out of this world! I also had the roasted lobster which was outstanding.
If you are looking for a beautiful setting and excellent food this is the place!

Visited September 2012
CANADA
“The place to go”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Each time we go in St-Martin for vacations, we don't want to miss the opportunity to have dinner at L'Effet Mer. It is always excellent, this is the best restaurant in Grandcase.

• Visited January 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Delightful service, excellent food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife, son and I enjoyed a great dinner by the sea here. The waitress was friendly and made us feel welcome. My wife and son ate from the three-course fixed price menu and I had the Tuna Trio - seared, carpaccio and tartar. We were all quite satisfied. The wine list wasn't extensive, but was fine.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“For a fabulous evening!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I had dinner at L'Effet Mer the other night. The experience was simply wonderful. Not only is the view stunning, but the food was well presented and delicious and the waitress was absolutely lovely. I have been several times on St Martin Island and tried a couple of other restaurants in Grand Case but this one simply blew my mind. I highly recommend the gnocchi with sundried tomatoes. My boyfriend had what they call a tuna "trilogy". The fish was fresh and the presentation worthy of a great restaurant. All the staff put their pride in doing well and giving us a great time. They even had mosquito spray available (very needed around here). Portions are quite big (American size) so you will have plenty for your money. For dessert we shared a strawberry/black berries gazpacho that was very refreshing with a nice mix of flavors.
French at its best!