“5 Stars Wow”

Le Ti Provencal
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I rarely give 5 stars, yet I've been dealing them out like crazy for these Grand Case restaurants. Not even some of the world renown NYC staples get these types of ratings from me, but... it is what it is.

The cocktails were phenomenal and I never go out of my way to talk about the drink menu. They were short on mint after we drank (too many) mojitos, but instead of asking me to order another drink, they ran down the street and got more. That's the type of small thing that makes a huge difference.

I feel terrible for most of these restaurants and I feel like a self-hating American saying this, but omg the American cruise ship tourists are generally (not all, generally) obnoxious. They were given warm French baguette and still they complained there was no White Bread?? They were given bottled water and asked for Poland Spring?

Anyway, we sat for lunch and they brought us a whole, super fresh, queen red snapper. The eyes were perfect and I doubt it was caught more than a day ago. It was prepared superbly and was one of the best pieces of fish I've ever had. Of course, the palate is tricked slightly by the eyes since you're literally next to a beautiful ocean, but even still, it was amazing. Love this place every time.

sxmsaintmartin, Responsable relations publiques at Le Ti Provencal, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thanks for your review and your understanding! Hope you'll visit us soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The food was acceptable, but the service was horrible. 2 waiters for a very busy evening with 2 separate dining times. The manager was flustered and dropped a dishwasher full of glasses. This the second I've eaten here and will not be back

Sorry that you didn't enjoyed your dinner...

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This restaurant is THE one for an amazing gourmet dining experience, if you want fresh fish. Whether grilled or cooked meuniere style (our favorite), fish is seasoned and cooked to moist perfection. We went with friends and had a 3 hour lunch (Queen Trigger Fish, Queen Snapper, and Trunk Fish) about which everyone is still raving. Due to very rough seas, their usual wide selection of tropical fish was limited (e.g., Queen Trigger Fish was not always available). Evidently the seas were too rough for the local fishermen. Nonetheless, we actually went there twice and we're not disappointed either time. Service is excellent as is their location (right on the beach).

Thank you! Hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was the most creative meal I have had on my trip.
From start to finish the dishes were excellent.Try the soup for starter and all kinds fresh fishes as fantastic culinary adventure.The atmosphere was nice and the service was superb.
It us number one restoarant at St.Maarten/St.Martin in my judgement.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Ti Provençal was formerly a tiny restaurant at the opposite end of grande case beach near the lolos.
They moved to lovely and larger surroundings on the far end, and have defintiely stepped up their game. The appetizers were a choice of tapas and daily specials and we chose the special of mixed grill of fish which that day was the unusual trunk fish with a shell and local queen snapper.
Each fish came with a different sauce , and was accompanied by delicious Provençal vegetables.
We would rate it as one if the best meals of this trip!

We are so happy you enjoyed your meal with us! Thank you very much for your kind words!