“Favorite place on St. Martin!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Ti Provencal - CLOSED

Le Ti Provencal
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
NJ
“Favorite place on St. Martin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We have been going to Le Ti for years, since it was in its previous location! We always have a wonderful time. We always reserve at least 2 nights of our 7 for Le Ti. My father's birthday was the last night of our trip and he told us that we needed to make sure we went there for his birthday dinner. The ambiance is lovely, on the water, open and airy. The trunk fish salad appetizer is to die for. Unlike anything I've ever had. My brother and Dad always get a special- there is such unique fish that you can't find anywhere else. The fish is brought out to you, explained what is what, and fish is de-boned table side. It is a lovely experience. The tiramisu is the best we've ever had. If we go to a restaurant at home, and someone gets the tiramisu, my Dad will ALWAYS say "Doesn't compare to Le Ti"-- and we're talking about NYC restaurants!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
“Hmmm....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Fresh fish and table side boning was wonderful. Great show. Would go back, but nothing to write home about.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Betsy S
New York City, New York
“Excellent food, excellent wine, excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

In the top of Grand Case gourmet restaurant, Le Ti Provencal was our favorite. The two other top ones were much more modern cuisine, but this one is very traditional meals and excellent wine.

In addition to be among the best restaurant of Grand Case, it offers free Wi-Fi and has the nicest view on the beach/sea, in front of Anguilla.

They also have a good selection of Cuban cigars, at a regular price, not touristy price.

Service was impeccable and fish fresh and delicious (they show you the fish platter before)

My wife is kosher and the staff new which kind of fish she could eat. We appreciated that a lot!

Unfortunately we went there the last night, if we knew, we would have gone every night.
Price are reasonable for the quality/quantity.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly recommend - one of the very few to offer fresh fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Two days into the "fine dining" options of the top 3 rate restaurants in "restaurant row" we came across this place.

I did my usual "I bet this is another place offering flown-in frozen filet mignon/veal/duck breast/rack of lamb, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it had a nice space (overlooking the sea, so no constant streams of traffic fumes spilling into the road-side restaurants along restaurant row) - and a great menu.

We were presented with a plate of different kinds of fresh fish (caught we were told 4 times a week by a local boat), and had a really nice, well cooked couple of fish dishes.

Best thing about the wine list was.... it was actually a LIST, not the 5-6 choices on offer for white and red wines at the top rated restaurants. Good choice of french wines with some well priced and well-chosen examples. SUCH a relief not to have a list where the only choices were chablis, montrachet, sancerre which were all 500%+ mark ups, not very good years, and aimed squarely at the "cruise ship fine dining" clients who flocked into the restaurants opposite, emerging later with heir doggie bags......

So, go here.
It's almost impossible to find any local, fresh fish in Grand Case (sea bass is flown in from Chile, Salmon from Norway, etc), but this place offers it, prepares and cooks it well along with good vegetables and salads, and has a good wine list with real choice, and good service.

The best part? We ate all our courses, but we somehow just knew that even if we hadn't, we'd not have been offered a plastic carrier with a doggie bag. As europeans, this to us spoke as well for this restaurant as the fact that it's the only one we saw offering such a choice of local, fresh produce.

• Visited April 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“High class French cuisine, relaxed Caribbean beachfront ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I loved the setting and view from this restaurant. It is open air dining on a raised-up covered deck. The cuisine is top notch. The menu was extensive and I understand their risottos are superb, however, there were so many daily special options and unique fresh fish I had never heard of that I ordered solely off that. We were presented with a tray of the local catch, a presentation on what each fish was and how they recommend cooking it. After making a selection, the chef prepares the whole fish to order and the waiter de-bones it tableside for your viewing pleasure. It is then returned to the kitchen and plated with lovely French-Caribbean sides. The service was very good. Formal but relaxed. I would definitely eat here again. I've never been to Paris, but I felt like I was on the French Riviera. Very romantic.

Visited March 2012