“Amazing French cuisine, right on the beach”
Review of Le Tastevin

Le Tastevin
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We visit St. Martin often and always come here for lunch at least once a week. The owners are super friendly and the food is wonderful. The salads are world class, the shrimp and lobster salad is a must! We also love the French style cheeseburger! The view is outstanding also, with the clear water and Anguilla in the horizon. Easy to find parking for lunch on weekdays at the nearby public parking lot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been coming to St Martin for ten years or so now. I have rented a house in Grand Case and eat here every night. One of the reasons I love staying here is the food. Most of the restaurants range from very good to spectacular (Le Cottage comes to mind in the spectacular category). It is hard to get a bad meal here. Le Tastevin is the exception.

Most of you will only have a couple of meals here. If that is the case you should really avoid Le Tastevin.

My partner and I ordered the escargot en croute and the cucumber soup. I was impressed with the escargot. The snails and cheese were perfectly cooked and the puff pastry was perfect. It was an excellent appetizer. On the other hand my partners cucumber soup was tasteless and boring.

Unfortunately we both ordered the same entre, scallops and shrimp. What a huge disappointment. The scallops were cooked perfectly, but unfortunately were not dry packs. Naturally they were bitter and tasted of chemicals. It is hard to believe a French restaurant would ever think of serving chemically treated scallops but it was clear they did. The shrimp was over cooked and dry.

I think this meal was indicative of the overall attitude of this restaurant. There was a certain level of arrogance about this place. It has been here a long time and I think they are living on past greatness.

It seems, looking at the reviews, that a significant number of reviewers had an above average experience at this restaurant. I am not writing this review for you. I am writing this for people like me who want a great meal. There are a large number of great restaurants here in Grand Case. Don’t waste your precious time on this one.

3  Thank cltizen
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Jose and Christine continue to provide an amazing dining experience. The setting on the water is perfect and the food to die for. There were four of us dining that night and every course was fabulous. Between the four of us, we had Caesar salad, the duck ravioli special, seared foie gras, filet, snapper and rack of lamb. Julian looked after us so well, very attentive service! Kudos to Le Tastevin. Don't miss an opportunity to dine there!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner here during our stay at Grand Case Beach Club. Only 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel.
Lovely setting at a table overlooking the beach. The food was superb and service excellent. Not particularly cheap, we had a main and a dessert with a bottle of wine which came to around 55 euros a head, and you could easily end up higher. However, the high standards are definitely worth it.
In Europe this place would be nudging a Michelin star. It seems there are no Michelin starred restaurants here simply because the guide doesn't cover the carribean...
Our view... Give it a try if you're in the area.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Service, setting and most of all - the food! Nothing left behind! Beautifully presented french deliciousness!