“Over priced, but great atmosphere!”
Review of Le Tastevin

Le Tastevin
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We went here our second night in St Martin and it was lovely. The service was great (the twins!) and the Chablis was the best wine I had the entire trip. I had the red snapper and it was just ok. My husband had a shrimp and scallops dish that was much better than mine. I also started out with a cold cucumber soup with goat cheese mousse which was fabulous. We sat looking out at the ocean which was a plus. I'm not sure if I would go back because of the price, but if you're willing to spend some major dough, try it!

There are newer reviews for Le Tastevin

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Not an overall good experience. Food just ok service ok overcharged and had to adjust the bill myself ie; left smaller tip. Asked twice and the husband and wife owners just argued with each other. Got sick of waiting and brought bill to counter and walked out. Sorry much nicer places to spend my US dollars. Such as Le Villa and Spiga.

1  Thank RT9574
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We dined at Tastevin on our last evening in St. Martin and we were left with beautiful memories. Our table was overlooking the sea, the service was outstanding and the food: wow! Don't miss this restaurant while you are visiting St. Martin.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'd give 3.5 stars if I could. This is a darling restaurant with a wonderful view and wonderful service (the twins!). My husbands food was incredible - I had food envy. Mine was passible, but not outstanding (French Onion Soup and the Crab Cannelloni). My fault for ordering crab in the Caribbean (duh!). The Panna Cotta was a little lumpy and not fully set, but again, who orders Panna Cotta at a French restaurant (duh again!). I would give it another try in the hopes that I just chose the wrong things.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The setting and ocean view is terrific, but that's about it. Needs a refresh after all these years. Menu tired and very high priced, but that's not a surprise on this island. Food prices very high everywhere. Food and service were decent, but there are many more better options for your money.