“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Tastevin

Le Tastevin
Ranked #14 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Sweden
“Very good”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Le Tastevin has one of the nicest establishments in Grand Case as far as the actual "building" goes - by the sea, renovated and fresh (in old style) and many tables with a view of the bay. The food is also good, and they have a very good wine list. I had shrimps as starter - delicious. Then I had the red snapper as main course, and while it was good, it was little bit bland and not up to the highest standards. But still good, no doubt about it. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, which makes this a great dinner experience. I keep feeling though that I should have tried the sole meunière...

Ocala, FL
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't imagine why someone would want to eat anywhere else!

We had made reservations at L'Auberge Gourmande before leaving on our vacation based on Trip Advisor reviews, but once we saw Le Tastevin's location right on the water's edge and it's airy country French décor versus L'Auberge facing the busy street and rather dark stuffy inside, we cancelled our reservation and ate at Le Tastevin instead.

Our decision was not a mistake. The atmosphere was romantic and the food was DELICIOUS! I began my meal with a Caesar salad and my husband had the lobster bisque. Both delicious. He had the red snapper and I had a veal filet special. Portion size, taste, all perfect. We shared the vanilla profiteroles with chocolate sauce dessert and were glad we shared. I could have licked the plate! Le Tastevin was the perfect place to end our vacation.

Los Angeles, California
“Great food, views and service!`”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We ate out every night on the island. this was our favorite by a mile. The views after sunset were great. The town of Grand Case was charming. This restaurant had an incredible atmosphere. The food was amazing. We would rate this the best meal we had while were were in St. Maarten.

Visited April 2013
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Good service, not excellent food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Although the service was good and the view is romantic, our food was under cooked and tasteless. No choice of desert either. I would not recommend this restaurant despite it’s good service.

• Visited April 2013
“wonderful place, very good food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Wow, difficult to find a better location for a restaurant. We had a great table, even if we had not booked, just in front of the ocean. Given the location, it came as a very positive surprise that the service and food are also very good. There is clearly a very tight competition in Gran Case, with so many gourmet restaurants packed in a very small area, so I believe that if you don't keep the standard you are out. We had the fish panache, not a very original dish, but overall quite satisfactory. Prices appropriate to the overall quality.

• Visited March 2013