“Put this on your short list of top tier restaurants.”
Review of Le Tastevin

Le Tastevin
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I ate at Tastevin and were very impressed with food, the view, the ambience and the wine list. We had a table right on the ocean, and the waves were higher in Grand Case than we'd ever seen them. I listened to the waiter and had the mullet special, which was excellent. My wife had the veal tenderloin which was also excellent. We both started with a bowl of French Onion Soup and capped it with a stunning bottle of White Burgundy from an excellent wine list.

The staff was delightful. The owners came over several times to see how the meal was going and to pour us more wine. There was a waiter and an assistant who were there when we needed them as if they had ESP. At the end of the meal they gave us a taste of some rum or cognac, I forget which, that was the perfect end to an excellent meal.

We hadn't been there for several years, I'm not sure why. But it is now on our short list of spectacular restaurants in St. Martin. Of course, there are so many that to visit all on our short list would take a week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a very popular spot in the village of Grand Casse overlooking the ocean. The wine list is good and the prices fair. The menu is a bit limited, but everything is excellent and prepared perfectly.
This is a nice evening out for anyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I had a fabulous Valentine's Dinner here. She had the filet and I had the special fish that evening. The food was great. The wine was great. The service was top notch. The view of the beach was awesome.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an elegant restaurant with Creole architecture and beautiful Caribbean views. Christine and Jose welcome you as old friends. The food is sumptuous and the service impeccable. I love this restaurant,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Tis place looks a little drab from the outside, but walk right in and check out the view and tables d settings before you walk away. French service (perhaps a little too formal and distant for North Americans), French cooking and local fish are fatured. And you have the cash of waves and view of azure waters while you eat -- how does life get any better?
One drawback I hope they work on: he people at the table nearest us lit up cigarettes after every course and that didn't really add to our experience. They should get with the program; it's warm outside, and should be no problem smoking outdoors.