“Beautiful view and a really great meal!”
Review of Le Tastevin

Le Tastevin
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is right on the water, especially at high tide. Everything we had was outstanding. The waiters were all really nice and helped us select a wine that we both enjoyed.

1  Thank sunlover180
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Lovely veranda style restaurant overlooking the beach in Grand Case, that has the added charm of being located in an original Grand Case house that has been restores. Our meal was traditional but very tasty and the service is very good. Don't miss the crepe suzettes for dessert

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We truly enjoyed our dinner at this restaurant. We had a table right along the railing overlooking the water. It was very romantic. Our main courses were excellent (I had a seafood special in curry and my husband had a steak special). The appetizer and dessert were also good, but not as good at the mains. The service was lovely. It is a bit pricey.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I felt for the price that the food was just average. But don't get me wrong, it was expertly cooked, well presented and tasted very good. But a $175 dinner, IMHO, should be pretty mindblowing and inventive. And it wasn't. The fish was fresh and expertly cooked but was seasoned with salt and that's it (or tasted like it). The sauce artfully dabbed around the plate was so bland as to almost have no taste at all. The crab cannelonis were good, very very mildly flavored. But tasty. There is way too much restaurant competition in Grand Case to be average. The setting was glorious though!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had selected this restaurant when I was booking a cruise months before going. Really looking forward to it. After getting off the ship, it took two cab rides to arrive here. I knew that lunch wasn't served until noon, but we had arrived at 11:30. There was a woman setting tables in the "open" restaurant. I told her I knew that the restaurant didn't open until noon but could we please sit inside and wait. Her answer was "NO". I explained that I had been planning to come here for months and had taken a taxi to get here. Still a "NO".
So we walked outside and right into the restaurant next door which was also not suppose to be open until noon. There the reception was delightful and they welcomed us in and served us immediately. The name of that restaurant is Ocean 82 by the Sea. The food and service were exceptional.

17  Thank Joyce M
letastevinsxm, Owner at Le Tastevin, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello,
after reading this report, i do not anderstand the bad advice for people who did not eat in our restaurant.
the shedules hours are cleary notifided, and my staff is not autorized to open the restaurant for the guess before 12pm.It is not a fault, even if they feel disapointing , they cannot give bad notice , if the restaurant is "open" is for delivery or reservation,and to prepare the lunch service.
I am happy for them they can find a restaurant open before..
José MANRIQUE