“First time but not the last”

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

There were many things about this restaurant that were above and beyond normal, first we were offered a free drink, the chef sent out a sample of a cold vegetable soup which was very good. The meal was finished with a glass of coconut rum, could have had more then one glass, and finally the fact that they accept dollars at the same rate as euros makes the cost of the meal reasonable. Now to the food and service. The service throughout the evening was outstanding and of course so was the food, from the pumpkin soup to the sea bass or the steak tenderloin that my wife had to the lemon tart for dessert. The serving sizes were perfect and the presentation was great. One of the best, if not the best meal we have had in Grand Case.

2  Thank Mike F
Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed May 30, 2014

WOW! wow! WOW! This place delivers amazing, delicious, fresh food. It's not just good, it's DIVINE! I just came back from St.Martin and visiting this restaurant by recommendation of our boat tour guide. We dined here on May 25, 2014. My boyfriend and I are so glad we did. He had the seabass and I had the lamb chops. Our starter was the lime crusted scallops. WOW! That's was slap your mama good!! (I always wanted to say that, lol) DO venture our to Grand Case and visit La villa. It is on a main street in the Grand Case area. During the day it's a bit slow but at night it lights up. All the restaurants open up for dinner and there is a chic shopping boutique across La Villa. The ambiance is quaint, romantic, relaxed, lovely. It's great for families, couples or a small group of friends in search of great food. It doesn't stop there. The low key restaurant has some of the nicest staff I've ever encountered. Very professional but warm. Totally gracious people. Absolutely love! I will return next time I visit St.Martin.
Keep up the great work La Villa!!

1  Thank Raquel_Felix
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were a group of 8, and we were hungry. This restaurant is owned by Florence and Christophe - we met Florence this night. After ordering wine, I ordered the ravioli stuffed with spinach and goat cheese in a butter sauce...so delicious. Others had 3 cheese pasta, lobster, and steak. John Carlos was our server, and he was special. Our after dinner drink was a combination of cocoanut, grenadine, rum, and pineapple...so good! They sent the remainder of the bottle back with us to our sailboat!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very Nice restaurant, excelellent food and service. Good prize. Very well located. The owner and his wife where very attend and nice. Excelellent menu and wine menu.

1  Thank niege
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I really wanted to love this dinner. My husband and I were here for our 20th wedding anniversary. The atmosphere was very nice, the service was great, but my dinner just wasn't as awesome as I had hoped. My appetizer was four scallops that were a bit overlooked and chewy. And my dinner was risotto that tasted very good, but was 'al dente', not the right texture. Maybe we just went on the wrong night.