“Still Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Villa Restaurant

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Clifton, New Jersey
“Still Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

First night in St Martin, we returned and found this excellent restaurant as good as ever. Food and service were just as we remembered - excellent. We both had the red snapper and it was delicious.

1 Thank coeurdelion

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Not as good as last year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Even though the service is still fantastic, the food is not good as last year. The French onion soup that my husband has been looking forward to, was not as good as he remembered. We both had the tuna and it was rubbery and tasted a little strange. My meal came with dessert and that was good. Maybe it was an "off" night for them.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a very good meal there, quite comparable to what we see in high end restaurants on the mainland. Our waiter was delightful; he was funny and attentive. We went very early, so I am not sure what the service is like when it is crazy busy, but it was terrific when we were there. I had the duck, which I highly recommend. Just a general note, there is a charge for water, which I found is a general custom at all restaurants on St Maarten, so keep that in mind when they ask if you would like water. I also like the ambience of Grand Case in the evening; there is a low key, funky vibe that reminds me a little of Provincetown, MA.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“By far our best meal on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We made reservations based on other reviews and were not dissapointed. The hosts were very friendly and charming. We started off with a special strawberry champagne drink which was delightful. The dining room is pretty and charming with big wide open windows that allows you to see people walking by. We had escargot, scallops and lobster ravioli for appetizers and all were delicious. For entrees we had duck, linguine with lobster sauce and sea bass and again all were amazing. We then had molten chocolate cake, profiteroles and a pear tart and again we couldn't decide who had the best dessert. We all did the prix fixe (3 courses for $49). 3 of us with 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine came to just over $200. BTW Euro to Dollars is 1:1 (in cash) which is a great deal. It was worth every dollar. Best Meal of the Week!!!

1 Thank rdevaney68
Providence, Rhode Island
“One of our top 3 meals ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the Dutch side of the island but kept hearing about the food in Grand Case. So, when it was time for our "nice" meal out- we had to head north. Thanks to our fellow Trip Advisors, we found La Villa!

We didn't have a reservation (I strongly suggest you get one, but I'll give the staff credit that they kindly escorted anyone without a reservation to a couch with a glass of wine for a short wait) but we got there in time to get a table right near the door where we could watch everyone walking the street. The two owners, a sommelier and a runner (not sure what his title would be but he was very helpful) run the whole floor with grace. They're always smiling and eager to help choose meals and wines.

While we waited for appetizers, we were given a little amuse bouche of a cold spinach soup that reminded me of a similar soup my grandmother used to make. We had the BEST French Onion Soup EVER and I will never be able to eat it anywhere else again! Not overly salty, tender onions and the baguette was still crispy even at the end. We also tried escargot for the first time and they were fabulous! Not chewy or tough at all and full of garlic butter flavor.

He had the seafood special which was loaded with lobster, scallops, shrimp... Wonderful! I had the Angus filet and it melted in my mouth. It was cooked perfectly and the fois gras sauce was a great compliment. The sides were all delicious and hot- anything potato is awesome. The sides look like tiny portions but, trust me, it's enough!

For dessert we got the Custard Assortment which included small portions of: Creme Brulé, almond flavored panna cotta with raspberry sauce and creme Brulé ice cream. Uh-may-zing!!!! I'm hooked on alcoholic coffees right now so I had to have the Pick Me Up with Kahlua, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Yummy! We were each also treated to a little shot of home made banana rum which was incredible and full of flavor- the "runner" makes it!

Thanks to Florence, Christophe and the gang for one of the most amazing meals. We'll never forget it! Bon Chance!!!

1 Thank Beth W