“Great food and service”

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a very attractive restaurant. The service was wonderful and the food was very good. The lobster bisque special was just excellent. The only mark against the meal was that I ordered the special duck but received the regular menu duck a l'orange. I could tell by the smell that it was not what I ordered when the plate was placed in front of me. I chose to eat it any way and that the universe chose this meal for me this night. It was really delicious. From the soup and main course we were too full for dessert!

Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was our second trip here and it was even better than we remembered. I cant wait to get back here.

• Visited January 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The best restaurant of the Caribbean!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Yesterday we visited La Villa. The angus beef was so good, with a perfect sauce! The tiramisu was olso fantastic. The best part is the shot of liquor you get after you're dinner. They leave the bottle on the table, so you can enjoy the shots for a long time!

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York
“Our favorite meal in St. Martin”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

La Villa is a fairly small restaurant fronting on Grand Case's "restaurant row," with a nice ambiance. The tables nearest the street are great for people-watching, but you may get a whiff of car exhaust now and then.

We showed up to La Villa early in the evening with no reservation, and Christophe seated us right away. The service was excellent throughout the evening; everyone was prompt and attentive.

The food got better and better as the dishes arrived. The amuse bouche was a bit salty for our taste, and the scallop appetizer was good but not outstanding. The entrées were excellent. My wife had the spirale chicken with goat cheese ravioli, which was light, tender and flavorful. My Chilean sea bass was the best entrée I've had in long time: the fish, the cream sauce, and the fennel all combined delicate, complementary flavors, expertly prepared and nicely presented. I wanted to lick the plate. We topped it off with the chocolate profiteroles and custard assortment for dessert, both delicious. Just when I was debating ordering an aperitif, complimentary shots of infused rum magically appeared.

This was our favorite meal on St. Martin. There are lots of choices in Grand Case; La Villa should be at the top of the list.

• Visited February 2014
Scarsdale, New York
“Beautiful atmosphere, excellent service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A wonderful venue with amazingly attentive service. As fine a meal as the better restaurants on the island. But it's the energy and grace of the husband/wife proprietors who are all over the floor attending to most any need that makes La Villa a truly remarkable dining experience.

• Visited January 2014