“Great food and good value for the money”

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We learned about this restaurant on Trip Advisor. In the beginning of December during our stay on St. Martin we visited top 3 restaurants (Bistrot Caraibes, La Villa, and L'Auberge Gourmande) in Grand Case.

Taste was great in all 3 restaurants. La Villa had the best value for the money, mostly because they gave $ = Euro if paid in cash. Also their Prix-fix menu for 49 Euro: Choice of Any Soup or Appetizer, Any Main Course, Any Dessert was a good value as well. Their presentation of food was probably a little behind of the other 2 restaurants, but still pretty good. Interesting that in this price range and level of cuisine only “La Villa” offered amuse bouche – one bite appetizer – compliment from the chef – vegetable soup taster. Although all 3 restaurants offered complimentary shot of rum after the meal.

Area around Grand Case Boulevard is not great, actually kind of scary. We were lucky to find place to park right on the Boulevard, along the street.

Of top 3 restaurants I choose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday. We decided to go with Prix-fix menu. For appetizers we ordered escargot and citrus crusted sea scallops with caramelized grapefruit sauce & local yucca puree. Escargot was very good and it was whole dozen of them. I didn’t care much about scallops, sauce was too sweet to my taste and yucca didn’t add anything, for me dish lucked acidity.

For Main course we had: Chilean sea bass, fennel confit, light cream sauce with clams and Riesling and Angus beef fillet with "foie gras" sauce, potatoes au gratin, and assorted vegetables. Both fish and meat were cooked perfectly and sauces were great. Size of the portions was great, not too much, not too little, just perfect for 3–course meal.

And for desert we had: Upside down pear tart "Tatin", homemade caramel ice cream, with a pear consommé and Custard assortment: vanilla crème brûlée, almond flavored panna cotta with raspberry sauce and crème brûlée ice cream. My dessert came with sparkling candle and Happy Birthday song, thank you! Also we had bottle of rose, bottle of water, espresso, and complimentary Champaign for my birthday. The owner Florence asked me if I rather would have Champaign instead of rum shots. Total bill with tip was $160.

Service was very good, our both waiters were very attentive. Owners, Florence, was coming and checking on how is everything during entire meal. Definitely it was great value for the money. We liked the place and would recommend it.

1  Thank RItraveler512
Write a ReviewReviews (2,238)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We've been coming to St Martin for almost 15 years and have eaten in a our fair share of gourmet restaurants. This one ranks right up there with the best. Let's start with the service. The staff is well trained, very attentive, and super friendly. If it was keeping a glass filled or changing silverware... They always seemed to right there appearing out of thin air. The preliminaries (bread and amuse bouche) we're first rate but for me the hightlight was the escargot. Traditional French and seasoned to perfection. This was worth the visit for me. The entree and dessert were excellent as well. We will definitely add La Villa to our wonderful rotation of St Martin restaurants.

1  Thank Beaudujour
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The restaurant me and my family went to La Villa was amazing and I hope that this review will get you interested about. La Villa has great service and the atmosphere of La Villa is superb. It is very spacious and the service shows that this restaurant does certainly deserve the 5 star rating most people have given it. The food there is amazing and the service frequently checks that you love your meal and if you have a problem with it they will change it. Even if this paragraph did not wet your apatite, please try La Villa because it is a great restaurant! Bon appeitit

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was not our first visit to La Villa.The food is incredible, the service was impeccable and atmosphere was second to none.This was truly an experience that we will never forget. Great value here. Don't miss it when you are in Grand Case!

1  Thank roland f
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband had one thing in mind from a previous visit, rack of lamb. We started with appetizers of spring rolls and lobster bisque, which, was supurb. He had the lamb. I had filet mignon. Pictures speak for themselves. A great wine and exemplary service. Period.

1  Thank tropiclady27