“La Villa a definite!”

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This meal was a delight from start to finish. Jean-Carlos and Florence were outstanding host and hostess. Opening with an amuse-bouche of cold cauliflower soup, followed by specials crab-eggroll and entrees lobster sea food combo and seabass were perfect. The desert pictured was unusual Pineapple-Carpaccio w/Mango Tartare and Raspberry sorbet a unique finish. To top it a complimentary taste of homemade "coconut rum... something" for me :-) it made the walk back to the club very warm.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,268)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a great place to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Our hotel made the reservation for us mentioning our anniversary and we were greeted by a complimentary glass of champagne. How thoughtful.
We enjoy an incredible meal, beautifully cooked to perfect and presented so nicely.
The staff were so welcoming and attentive.
This will certainly be a must - do on our next trip to St Martin,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

La Villa restaurant is maybe the best place in grand case always creative and new. the atmosphere is open elegant and romantic. we are never been disappointed. owner and staff allways make you feel so welcome this is the best of many good restaurants amazing place.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We ate at La Villa three times during our trip, and every time the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. It is our favorite restaurant in Grand Case (which is truly a compliment, considering how many good restaurants there are in Grand Case!).
The restaurant is lovely and romantic. It is located right on the boulevard. It's an ideal locale to not only have an amazing meal, but also to people-watch and soak in the local flavor of Grand Case.
Their lobster bisque is an unexpected delicious surprise. It is unlike any other bisque I have ever tasted, and I loved it. Their seafood trio dish is also incredible...sweet lobster, buttery scallops, and perfectly seasoned shrimp. That dish is heaven on earth!
My husband had rack of lamb one night (perfection!), and another night he ordered several appetizers for his meal. Everything was delicious!
I highly recommend trying La Villa at the beginning of your trip, because you will want to return to eat there again. We did not discover this little gem until the latter part of our trip. If we had found this restaurant sooner, we would have eaten there many more times.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's a beautiful morning on St. Maarten, sitting in my suite on the beach... and I wanted to write a quick note about dinner last night with my wife. September is the slow season on the island so we called for a reservation, but Florence just told us to come anytime. La Villa is right on Grand Case Boulevard. I imagine when it's busy parking might be impossible, but we stopped in front of La Villa, and Florence was there, telling us to park right on the street because the shop across the road was closed. Perfect. So we then took the seven steps to the restaurant front door! :) The atmosphere is beautiful, and the food delicious. I am going to say the restaurant has outdoor seating, although not in the traditional sense. The windows were all large and open and the breeze made it feel like we were sitting outside. I really think Florence makes the difference. She is wonderful and helpful. My wife had the lobster bisque, Chilean Sea Bass, and the custard assortment for dessert. I had the Lobster Ravioli, Beef main course and Chocolate "lava" cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Like others here, we did the fixed price menu. Michele LOVED her bisque, I felt the same about the Lobster ravioli. It was a fun, fun night! This is a five star type experience, so it's not "cheap." We did not have wine, and including tip we paid US $150, but have paid more and been much less impressed at other locations. So we think it was very reasonable. The food bill was 123.00 Euro, which would have been about US$165.00. But pay cash and you get a 1 US=1 Euro price. We'll visit again!