“Excellent Service!”

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

They try hard here to provide excellent service, and they succeed. The food, however, at least on that night, was not memorable. We both ordered escargots baked in a garlic and parsley butter sauce, as an appetizer. My wife, not being very hungry requested an additional appetizer, and I ordered the crab stuffed red snapper which comes with several sides. For wine we chose a decent Pouilly Fuisse, which was quite inexpensive, we thought.
The escargot were good but not great, and I don't recall the other appetizer my wife had, but she thought it was good.
The entree was very nicely presented, and deserved the effort I made to photograph it. Hope I remember to attach it! Presentation is important to me, and this was elegantly done. The taste? It left something to be desired. Living in the Virgin Islands, I'm quite familiar with the tastiness of saltwater fish like snapper, and this was pretty bland. And the subtle cream sauce with which it was brushed wasn't enough to enliven it. And it was over-cooked, and dry. Some salt would have helped, but it being nighttime, and having slightly elevated blood pressure, I decided against it. The ambience was pleasant and relaxing with suitably dim lighting. I alone ordered desert - vanilla ice cream stuffed profiteroles, covered with a chocolate sauce, and sprinkled with walnuts. It was excellent! The price, which I don't remember, was obviously in line with what I expected to pay. But then again, I expect to pay for haute cuisine and good wine. Some people on this site seem surprised at bills that others consider reasonable. Would we return? Probably. It deserves another chance.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

One of the best in saint marteen. service foof are excellent, really nice place. lobster bisque and rack of lamb are the best.owners are like old friends.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants on St Martin.

Great food, lovely atmosphere, would definitely go back!

1  Thank LK19LivingstonNJ
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I had arrived late afternoon and decided on an early dinner. Decided to try la villa on a whim when wandering down grand case blvd and we're very pleased. We were the only people in the restaurant at the time and the service was excellent, much like other reviews on tripadvisor that I've read after the fact. Overall the food was excellent. Asked the owner what their specialties were, said you can never go wrong with escargot and the tuna which was the truth! Prices seem comparable to other higher end restaurants in grand case but the food quality and service were well worth it. Will definitely be back for my next visit.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant on St. Martin/St. Maarten. I have been to many of them but the total evening is an experience I savor. Always enjoy at least 2 meals each visit to the island. Gracious service, delicious food - no matter what you order - very comfortable, chic setting and lots of little extras starting with the little taste of soup to get you started. Delightful evening, thank you! Will be back in December. You're #1 in my view.