“Fabulous Perfume Class!!”

Tijon Perfume Creation Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: Make your Own Perfume / Cologne: Choose from 3 perfume creation experiences, one taking 3 hours (reservation required), one taking 60-90 minutes (the most popular, reservations recommended) and one taking 20 minutes. The hardest part for many is naming their own fragrance. In the two longer experiences, in addition to your own bottle of perfume, you also receive a gift bag of Tijon products valued up to 45 euros. Tijon also offers an on-site boutique with its signature line of 23 French Caribbean fragrances, cosmetics and gifts. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:30am to 5pm and other times by appointment. NOTE that we offer limited hours in Sept. and Oct. See our website for more information.
London, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fabulous Perfume Class!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I can't say enough about this experience. I had so much fun, learned a lot, and made a perfume I absolutely love. Cindy and John are very gracious hosts, and very generous with their time, expertise and their products. The 3 hour class allowed me to make a perfume from scratch, using any of their over 300 perfume oils. John and Cindy provided help when I asked for it, but didn't interfere with my creativity in the process. A champagne toast marked the end of the class (they even included my husband in that) and they sent me off with a professionally bottled perfume that I am proud of as well as a gift bag with lots of their products to try. I read John's book, A Beach Less Travelled before I went, and I think it made the experience even more enjoyable, since I felt like I knew them before I set foot in the parfumerie. I highly recommend this activity to anyone who enjoys perfume and likes to create.

Plymouth, Michigan
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Better than the expensive brands....HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My son wanted some cologne for Christmas, and although we come to Saint Martin yearly and frequent and love Grand Case, this is the first time we have heard of Tijon. We stopped at the large perfume / make up store in the mall in Marigot which is wonderful; huge selection of high end products, great prices, and very helpful services. My son tried many scents as did I, and nothing out of such a huge selection with very high end brands seemed to be "the one" we wanted. We took a quick trip over to Tijon in Grand Case. The store is LOVELY -- a boutique, mouth watering in design. There were pre made in small batches, cologne for men, perfume for women, and then an entire 12 other scents some unisex. Bath fragrances, home made soaps can candles, matching creams, powders, and lovely things. We quickly were able to focus and found exactly what we loved. I bought a sample kit of 4 (.5) oz, all that I love. My son found a nice mix called 3.0 and we made our purchase. We did consider the class in making a custom perfume or cologne, and we will do this next year when we come back. Stop at the Lolo's on the day for great beach side BBQ, and have a custom made crepe at the little stand in Grand Case as well. There are wonderful little shops in Grand Case, and also very high end eateries throughout the Grand Case area.

Visited January 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great activity for the entire family!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Family of four (two daughters 23 & 19) just did this activity and everyone really, really enjoyed it! Very well organized and you leave not only with your personal fragrance which you created in class, but with an entire bag of treasures (perfumes, lotions, lip balms, soaps, massage oil, sunscreen, t-shirt, etc). So, it's definitely worth the money to do the class!!!! My daughters and wife LOVED it....as did I!

East Lyme, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Part of Our Cruise!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My family of 8 participated in the Mix & Match class and it was easily the most enjoyable activity we did over our nine night cruise! It is ideal for both men & women of all ages (I am 20, my boyfriend is 21, mom & dad are in their 40s, and I have three sisters ages 17, 16, 13 and another brother whom is also 13… every single person LOVED the class and created their own unique perfume!!) The class took about an hour and it was so fun getting to experiment with our own fragrances. They even let us wear lab coats which was a fun touch. The gift bags given at the end of the session were unbelievable and so gracious. They even have a champagne toast and certificates once you complete your course! I felt like we really got our money's worth… and then some! John & Cyndi are so welcoming and such an inspiration to my boyfriend & I whom plan on moving to the Caribbean. John also has a great book called "The Beach Less Traveled" … I have not been able to put the book down since I got home!!!
Seriously, if you do one thing in St. Martin ~ visit Tijon! Their gift shop is filled with handmade gifts and natural skin care products! You will NOT be disappointed!

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unique and fun!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I signed up for a Mix & Match class for myself, my son and husband - we were the only ones there - so it ended up being a private class just for us! John and Cyndi were very personable, and made this interactive class fun and truly memorable. You get to concoct your own perfume, so make sure you come up with a name for your "creation" since they bottle it and print your perfume name right there. It ended up being the best part of our trip to St Martin, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a unique activity!