“Once in a lifetime experience!”

Tijon Perfume Creation Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: Make your Own Perfume / Cologne: Choose from 3 perfume creation experiences, one taking 3 hours (reservation required), one taking 60-90 minutes (the most popular, reservations recommended) and one taking 20 minutes. The hardest part for many is naming their own fragrance. In the two longer experiences, in addition to your own bottle of perfume, you also receive a gift bag of Tijon products valued up to 45 euros. Tijon also offers an on-site boutique with its signature line of 23 French Caribbean fragrances, cosmetics and gifts. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:30am to 5pm and other times by appointment. NOTE that we offer limited hours in Sept. and Oct. See our website for more information.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I spent an afternoon with Cyndi at Tijon. It was delightful and worth every moment. I can't wait to return. This is a one of a kind opportunity not to be missed!

All reviews
"signature scent"
in 8 reviews
"owners john"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
in 6 reviews
"wonderful afternoon"
"finished product"
"whole process"
"men and women"

Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was so much fun creating three fragrances. I chose the one I liked the most. It's great because it is all my own. I gave it a name. What's best of all they keep the mix on file and can send you refills whenever you want. I learned so much and the owner is wonderful-friendly and very informative.

But you can also buy fragrances they have created-which are also unique.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

For starters, my girlfriend and son really wanted to do this and I was expecting a root canal like experience...making perfume?? really?? But from the moment we arrived Cyndi and John made this one of the highlights of the trip for all of us. I would highly highly recommend doing this. We spent two hours between the class (the lab) and in the pre-learning work. This lab experience was awesome and I have to say I made a killer scent (Harmony) which I may try to mass produce. :) What I really appreciated was the passion for their business displayed by Cyndi and John. They really focus on making this a great experience for all guests which is much more than I can say for most experiences in the Caribbean and on St. Martin. This is simply a must do if you are on St. Martin. Thank you Cyndi and John for such a memorable and fun experience.

1  Thank AndrewIPBC
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and girl friend took a friend's advice and went to Tijon in Grand Case to make their own perfume. The two husband's went along, of course, because that's how to remain happily married. Once we got there, though, we all joined in. And it was easily the most valuable couple hours we spent on this beautiful island. The two ladies got to learn about perfume and develop their own scent, they got a pretty bottle, and lots of girl goodies. At the ends, the four of us got our picture taken with John Berglund, the owner drinking the champagne they provided.

But, at the end, learning about oils and scents, and how to mix was only the half of it. We got to meet John and is wonderful wife Cyndi. I can't say we became friends, but they certainly treated us like we were friends. Their shop has all of their own products that were designed for the island life...and we all dream of that. They have a small museum of perfume and even one-of-a-kind Clothing and hats.

Finally, John has written a book... A Beach Less Traveled. Read the book before you go to St. Martin. If you've ever thought of chucking it all and getting away to an island paradise, this is a how-to book. But even if you just want to know the best places to eat, what beaches to go to, or how to better understand the beautiful island of St. Matin/Sint Maarten, you'll find a wealth of observations.

The most valuable stop on our vacation, for sure.

2  Thank Richard D