“Wasn't our thing.”

Tijon Perfume Creation Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: Make your Own Perfume / Cologne: Choose from 3 perfume creation experiences, one taking 3 hours (reservation required), one taking 60-90 minutes (the most popular, reservations recommended) and one taking 20 minutes. The hardest part for many is naming their own fragrance. In the two longer experiences, in addition to your own bottle of perfume, you also receive a gift bag of Tijon products valued up to 45 euros. Tijon also offers an on-site boutique with its signature line of 23 French Caribbean fragrances, cosmetics and gifts. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:30am to 5pm and other times by appointment. NOTE that we offer limited hours in Sept. and Oct. See our website for more information.
Reviewed August 6, 2011

If you have time, you should visit, but the parking lot was really small and we had trouble parking. When we entered, we weren't acknowledged. This basically shortened our trip there to about 5 minutes. The shop is small, but they really seem to be into what they do. If you are into perfume and high class product. This is one place you should not miss. If I was into this type of thing (or my wife), we probably would have given it 5 stars.

2  Thank TheScottman
There are newer reviews for Tijon Perfume Creation Experiences

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a unique and worthwhile experience. I actually found this on Trip Advisor and decided to visit based on the reviews and it was wonderful! I contacted TIJON in advance and made a reservation. We attended the "Invent Your Scent Mix and Match Perfume Class" that was approx. an hour long, although there are other classes you can take. First, we were asked by John, the owner, to smell different fragrances, take notes and choose our favorite. A sample would be included in the goody bag we would take home later. We received a workbook with a tremendous amount of information about our sense of smell, how it works, the history of perfume, raw materials, fragrances to oils, perfume classifications, and tips on composing a fragrance of our own. John patiently guided us through the process of creating our own scent with approx. 300 different oils to choose from in the lab. We wore white lab coats and felt like true chemists!! We all named our fragrances, and went home with individual goody bags and a certificate of achievement!! It was a great time and a unique experience. We all enjoyed it thoroughly!

5  Thank vryfeisty
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Took the one hour class.
Created our own fragrance.
Informative and fun.
A unique experience..
Worth the time and cost.

2  Thank annsmap
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised upon my return to St. Martin (Dutch and French West Indies) after being away for several years to find that a new and interesting activity was available at the Tijon Perfumerie & Boutique in Grand Case (French St. Martin).

At a destination were most activites have to do with sun, sand, and sea, it was a refreshing change to have to use my brain, albeit only for a few hours! I made an appointment with the owner/operator of Tijon, John, who very quickly confirmed my enrollment in their Perfume Making 101 Class. All communications were by email, and were efficiently answered, so that I could plan the rest of my time.

The 101 class consists of a three- to four-hour morning or afternoon. It begins with a history of perfume making, and then, to get the smelling senses ready, some time to sniff some of Tijon's classic scents, to fine tune one's personal likes and dislikes.

Then it was off the lab! Donning our lab coats to avoid having oils spill on our clothing, we then began to mix our own special fragrance. Choosing from over 300 different oils, we began mixing and matching, utlimately making three or four different scents in our session. Of course, as in any lab undertaking, taking copious notes of what we were using and in what quantities was essential. Towards the end of the session, we picked our best scent, and then made a whole bottle of perfume......with a little help from John of course.

All in all, it was a wonderful afternoon, and one that I highly recommend for anyone visiting St. Martin. And if a visitor were to stumble upon some rainy weather while in St. Martin, this is one activity that won't be interrupted due to weather!

I personally like my own private blend and am wearing it daily. What's really nice is that Tijon keeps all the personal secret ingredients on file, and I can order another bottle whenever I'd like--either to pick up on my next visit to the island, or sent directly to me!

I highly recommend a visit to Tijon for a class, or just to "nose" around in the boutique!

2  Thank SusanBonaire
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Was treated to a surprise visit on our Carribean Cruise. Went to the Perfumerie on March 7th for my 50th Birthday. What a wonderful treat, made my own perfume "Celebration" and celebrated with my Partner Pete and best friends Lynn and Bob. Had a lovely time and a glass of champagne.

3  Thank dianemanchester_10