LOVE
Le Petit Hotel(Grand Case)
Hotel L'Esplanade(Grand Case)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Mont Vernon(Cul de Sac)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoverlooking the beachgreat drinkslaid backrelaxing beachbeachfront hotelnespresso machineplenty of hot waterbeach boysmall refrigeratoreasy accessthree nightspaddle boardingsnorkeling tripst martinwatch the sunsetthe location is perfectrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2012

You're right on the beach in a hotel that serves French food and wine, what's not to like? Well for one, when you book, try to avoid rooms 1 and 2, which are on the main floor and are mosquito traps. The upper rooms are much better and bug-free! Otherwise, friendly owners, moderate room rates, but no television, no room service and free Wi-Fi is only available near the bar area, which means it's great on the beach, probably acceptable in room 2 and not at all available upstairs. I don't know about you, but when I don't have TV, I need a daily dose of Facebook and Twitter! ;)

Another note, don't expect to take long showers, their water heaters are only capable of providing hot water for one quick shower.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

As a person from CT mentioned it's solid 3.5 stars. I agree. So between my 4 stars and his (hers) 3 stars we managed to produce 3.5 stars. The location is perfect. The rooms are clean, basic and functional. The staff is friendly. Below is what I didn't like - the hotel has amazing "Fatboy" giant comfy beeny chairs for guests to use. However, they give a priority for customers that came to the beach for lunch. The guests need to reserve it ahead of time for weekends. Next, this hotel takes only Euros at actual $ to E exchange rate (80% of other places in Grand Case have dollar = euro rates) - so any drink averages you $10.00, any tapas plate $15.00. So I would prefer to go to the beach with my own water/beer/food easily found in a nearby grocery store that cost you 10 times less (grocery store takes dollars at one to one exchange rate). However the hotel system set up has a beach as a restaurant extension and I was not comfortable to bring my own food and drinks to the beach. It felt like sneaking food to a restaurant...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DinamoFan1
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at Love Hotel in 2011, after the change of owner and renovations. We stayed at the ground floor room. The rooms are very nice and the price is great. The owners are extremely nice and friendly, very helpful. Their beach bar serves amazing food and cocktails and again the prices are amazing compared to the rest of the island. Amazing location and beach, which has super comfortable beach beds. The only problem is that the room downstairs was very noisy as strangers would just hang out and talk loudly in the middle of the night on the patio right outside the rooms. There is no one available overnight in case random people hang out outside the rooms or in case of problems. Also, the entrance to the patio outside the rooms was open to anyone, which was a pity. I would probably go back but pick the rooms upstairs.

Room Tip: Higher floor is quieter
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Octopus713
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I would give it 3.5 if I could. Here is why.

Location is very good. I consider Grand Case the best place to stay on the Island (I believe that the Dutch side is not worth your time unless you like the whole Vegas-in-the-80s thing, except for an afternoon at Maho's Sunset...), and many other spots are excessively developed in my view (oyster bay, orient beach). This hotel is right on the beautiful Grand Case beach, which is not the finest on the island, but is nice. The town is quiet, and at night is full of boutiques and nice restaurants (do try the top 3 rated in trip advisor!!). While you can get a nice evening stroll, the nightlife is non existent. Security will not be a concern if you are careful and accustomed to urban settings and/or (quiet) developing countries, as opposed to suburban areas in the US.

The hotel itself is right in the center of Grand Case (as opposed, for instance, to le Petit Hotel) and has few rooms. Parking is not a problem, but do not expect to park very close to the hotel at night, unless you get lucky. Avoid the rooms on the ground floor, which are windowless and too accessible from the street, and cost only a bit less than those upstairs, which offer sea view (at least for rooms 4,5). The suite is very overpriced in my opinion. The rooms are basic but clean, with fully functional AC and at no point I felt the need for more amenities (who needs tv when you can hear the Anguilla sea from your bed??), even tho they do not come cheap at the current prices. The shower provides very little hot water by design, but fortunately the temperature was always warm and pleasant, and I did not feel the need for a long hot shower; my girlfriend was bothered. No wifi in the rooms, you have to go to the bar for that, which I regard as a big minus (it's cheap to fix and quite annoying for me). On Friday night I could hear from my room very loud music from a nearby local club until very late at night, which was annoying.

The bar is very nice, offering very good drinks and refined food. The whole place strives for the "cool" factor, so definitely go for it if you like this kind of things. I would have preferred that the owners and staff (except the beach boy, who was really nice and friendly throughout) privileged hospitality and a warm ambiance to the hip but somewhat cold environment they have set up. Overall I had a great stay, recommended for a couple getaway. If you are traveling as a family or not so much into hip venues, look elsewhere. 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: Go for room 4
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connemara289
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed in Grand Case in Feb 2012. This hotel is no longer called the Chez Martine. The new name is the Love. It has been bought by a french family, about 2 years ago, and has undergone a complete make-over. The rooms are all newly refurbished, but frill free.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple