“Perfect Location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Case
Sunsea Atlantide Residence Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Grand Case
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel L'Atlantide is a great find. Like others have said it is really a condo for rent. You don't get any services. You are just renting the room. There is a hotel Manager, Anna, on premise and she's a great resource. She's always willing to help out.

The location of the hotel is perfect, just about in the middle of the crescent beach between the cemetary at one far end and the Grand Case Beach Club at the other far end. The surf was quite high the first half of our stay. The water sometimes reached the foundations of the buildings. But only last a few days then settled down. The beach is great, the water is glorious! You cannot "suntan" in the mornings because there is shade on this stretch of beach until probably lunchtime. This is an afternoon tanning location.

We had a one bedroom unit. The bed had what I would consider a queen size bed with an attached full bath with shower. THe bedroom had a/c which worked great. There was such a nice breeze when you opened the huge doors to the balcony that we never really used the a/c in the main room. Later in the week it got a tad more humid and the mosquitoes came for a visit. The a/c worked fine there too. The view is across the channel to Anguilla. Every so often a plane would land at the small Grand Case airport. For me it was more interesting than an interruption.

As others have noted, this hotel is located in a small village. Everything is within walking distance; the small grocery store "Cash and Carry", a bit further down the road is the Pharmacie. There is a large French grocery store about a 5min drive outside of town just past the airport. It will have everything you need if the small Cash and Carry doesn't. All the restaurants are within a 10min walk. There are stores, boutiques, galleries. It is nice to mix and mingle with the locals in this location rather than be sequestered in a tourist-only resort. Tues is Harmony Night, a local festival of sorts where shop owners and artisans sell their wares on the street, then there is a little loud parade down this one-way stretch of the street. Partying goes on late into the night! If you are used to wearing earplugs to sleep, you are golden! Otherwise, get out and have a fun time too.

Parking is at a premium in this area. There is space for four subcompact cars at the hotel. First come first served. We rented a small car and never had a problem parking at the hotel. The other more long-term guests didn't rent a car. So there was always a space to be had.

If you are a do-it-yourselfer and enjoy mixing and mingling with the locals in a small French creole town on a gorgeous strand of beach, then this is for you. If you like to be pampered, have full services, and an on-site restaurant with the occasional trip to another restaurant, this place is not for you. You can however stay at the Grand Case Beach Club at the far end of the beach but you'll be spending many times more for your lodging than Hotel L'Atlantide.

Room Tip: The bottom floor has 1br units. The 2nd and 3rd have 2br units because they are over the parkign sp...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JCGConnecticut

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed here in Feb 2012, not having booked in advance. The studios are now called the Atlantide, and are managed by a very nice dutch lady called Anna. We had the top floor studio. I think it is the best value for money in the area. Right on the beach with a wonderful view across the water to Anguilla. Fully equipped kitchen, cable TV, air con, fan, right in the heart of the quaint village of Grand Case, a grocery store 100m away. You don't really need a rental car, as you can walk anywhere, and if you want to go into town, the local buses leave from just around the corner. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Befana
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights in a 2nd floor studio.

Location was excellent because it is on the one-way portion of the street, making it easier to walk and dodge the traffic. All the restaurants are within a short stroll, and there is a grocery store about a block away.

We spent most of our time on the beach (which is accessed through the basement). There are plenty of sun beds for Atlantide residents. The beach here is probably the widest along the whole stretch, and the water was crystal-clear with no rocks in this part of Grand Case. The large balcony was the perfect spot to enjoy views of the long beach and the bright blue water.

This is self-catering accommodation so don't expect hotel services or supplies. The kitchen area looked like it had been recently updated. While the room itself was bigger than a hotel room, the bathroom was small but adequate. However, the toilet is in a separate little room which was very small!

"Residence Atlantide" was perfect for 3 days of relaxation on the beach, we would definitely book it again if we have the chance.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank momof4Wi
Reviewed May 6, 2008

our family of 4 stayed there at the end of April of 2007. We had 2-bedroom unit which is big enough for us. this unit is VERY OLD, 2 of 5 faucets did not work. beds are as firm as rock. the bedroom which near the street side had too much noise even in the mid of night, I could not sleep over there, only my little boy took that room. telephone did not work( you can not call hotel service). no front desk, only a man came in at 9am and 6pm to move the beach chairs out and in. If you lock the unit door from outside, it can not be opened from inside(strange!). A cleanning lady came in everyday to remove trash. Next door seafood restaurant (and all the seafood restaurants) are very expensive($150 for a dinner of my family) and food is bad(cooked fish still with scales on it).
I never been French before, the French atmosphere let me feel surprised, doors are narrower and taller than we had in US, the unit has a real French door which is difference than the US French door in my home. Many French people are thin and tall, they hug and kiss on the street , so hot. There was no curtain on the window of the bathroom near the street side in my unit, I could see people shower cross the street and they may see me too, Is it the French?? Topless girls taking sunbath and swimming is common. the south end of Orient Bay beach is for the nudists (all are old people, I did not see any young people on that day).
We know three languages, none works here, it's a foreign country. I forgot to mention the French food, Since the restaurants were expensive, we decided to join the locals, Get out of the condo to trun right, there is a store on the left hand side ,which sell omelets and French breads($1/each) and duck liver sauce., on the right hand side, there are two restaurants which service local people. there is a grocery store nearby owned by oriental people, they are very nice, next to the grocery store is the pharmacy which is the place my husband bought some medicine to rescue my little boy.
the Grand Case beach is cross to British island, you would see the lights in the night and won't feel lonely. The Grand Case Bay beach is wonderful, water is crystal clear , warm and clam. you can see your toes in the water and no rocks on the bottom, it's too clam for my husband, he just thought it is a mile long swimming pool. the condo is in the mid-point of the bay, perfect location! In the south end of the bay, there are a lot rocks and it's a snorkel spot. there is no water sport in Grand Case, I have to go to Orient Beach for sailing and met French sailing coaches over there, they are super handsome, super cool!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I and two other sets of friends stayed at the Atlantide for 10-14 days among us all. We found the place friendly, well located, with enough amenities to be very mellow. The beach is one of the few remaining ones in Grand Case, that has not eroded into nothingness. The ocean views are wonderful. The apartments are well equipped, though not luxurious. We are all rebooked for Christmas 2008.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2006

WOW...what a great trip, and staying at the Hotel Atlantide is one of the major reasons. We stayed in the Studio apartment on the first floor. Terrace overlooking the beach. It had everything you wanted. They cleaned the room everyday, which was unexpected, I thought it was going to be only twice a week. Its not luxury Hotel, but very very comfortable. Located walking distance to all the best resturants. Down the street is a place for breakfast that the locals use, I am still missing my cafe au lait. Price was great. Beach ( with access thru the house) was terrific, loungers and unbrella included, and the management company that runs the place had people there everyday doing one sort of maintenance or another. Had a problem with hot water and they had it fixed by the time we were back from breakfast. There is no lobby with a clerk, but I kind of liked that. I felt like I was living there in an apartment. But you are provided a contact phone number if there is a problem. From what I hear there is usualy someone there from management for a few hours each day, we must have just missed them. I reccoment La Pressoir for dinner. Oh and beware the traffic on the street, but you get used to dodgeing cars real quick. I would go back again in a minute.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2006

While the location is great in Grand Case the Atlantide leaves a lot to be desired. My husband and I traveled with my sister and her husband for three nights. The room with the King bed was the room from hades. My sister couldn't get the water in the tub/shower to turn off. My husband finally broke something to stop the flow into the apartment. The manager is only there in the morning. The king bed was like sleeping on a platform of bricks...seriously uncomfortable and my brother in law is still in pain. We asked for another bed but were told there weren't any. The beach is okay if the swells aren't out of the north, if they are you will have choppy seas and lots of seaweed. I wouldn't stay there if it was a gift.Don't book through the Hotel Group...they over charge you at the end and don't return phone calls.

• Stayed: March 2006
#8 of 8 in Orient Bay
Hevea
Hevea
#4 of 8 in Grand Case

Been to Sunsea Atlantide Residence Hotel? Share your experiences!