Hotel L'Esplanade
Le Petit Hotel(Grand Case)
LOVE(Grand Case)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mont Vernon(Cul de Sac)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrestaurant rowdeluxe loftpool barshort walkgrand case bayst martinwelcome basketorient beachfull kitchenhill overlookingour honeymoonsister hotelrental carbaguetteperfect hotelview from the balconyreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Previous reviews have commented on the large beautiful rooms that are immaculatly kept up. The hotel is quiet and the beds are fabulous. I would particularly like to comment on issues that have been of concern to others.
The office is open from 7:30 to 9 and I found the women that work there very helpful. After hours there is a night watchman who immediately stopped a loud telphone call by a distressed guest near our bedroom. An apology from the guest was waiting the next AM. Kristin, the owner-manager together with her husband, is fabulous and around most of the time.
I suspect the season matters but we encountered no bugs in January.
The hotel is not on the beach but on a beautiful hill side, a 6 or 7 minute walk to Grand Case and the best food in the Carribean. A local beach is a 7-8 minute walk. The world famous Orient Beach only 10-12 minutes by car.
An excellent supermarket is a 4 minute drive.
The hotel is near the small Grand Case air port. The noise from the small planes, that don't start before 8 AM and don't fly at night did not bother us.

Room Tip: The extra large loft bedroom units are wonderful
3  Thank baskin
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This was our second visit to this Hotel. The instant you arrive you are treated like family. Everyone at the hotel will go out of their way to make sure you are having a great time. They book trips,, make reservations for restaurants and in general take care of all your needs. The property is immaculate and the rooms Fabulous. We have stayed in a Loft and a studio, both great. Don't hesitate , well worth the money. Oh yeah, they are also within walking distance to the best French restaurants without being in France. Very cool

1  Thank DOYSTERBAR
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I am starting my last night here and write this from our balcony as the sun sets in front and glass of wine to my right. :> This is a very well maintained and managed hotel. The staff has been accomodating and helpful. Their recommendations have been on point. I would definitely return here if I was to visit St Martin again. The kitchenette is well stocked and the room - we have a single loft - is spacious. The morning and evening view is to live for. Rather than repeat the accolades of this establishment, all of which are well deserved, let me point out some things for you to consider. A key for foodies is the lovely walk to Grand Case for its array of restaurants, many of which serve fine French cruisine. The downside is that the town itself is very working class and a fine establishment can easily be next to one in disrepair - it is not the prettiest town you will visit. One can also walk to the Grand Case beach, and if you do so, I recommend turning right at the end of the path to go to the far end of the Beach at the Grand Case hotel, but with any beach (other than that of its sister hotel), be prepared to pay for beach chairs at around $10 each for the day. We found the winds to be too strong for laying on a towel to be enjoyable. We found the Grand Case beach lacking and small, others may find that appealing. The hotal is across from a small airport and you will hear the sound of the propellor planes - they don't arrive before 8am and typically end by 6pm - i found it enjoyable to watch them and since we were out of the room all-day, everyday, this was never a bother. The pool area is very nice and quaint and we had a good lunch there with very fairly priced drinks, but it is sad that it lacks a view of the Caribean and Anguilla. If you are fine just lounging and reading, it's a fine place for you. We found ourselves driving to the north side of Orient Beach and staying at the Palm Beach resort - if you buy lunch the chairs are "free", otherwise they were 11EU on the weekend and 5Eu on a weekday - but that may have been since we went there everyday and got to know our waiter. The food was quite good and the drinks (7EU) not outrageous. It is an easy 5 minute drive from the hotel and the late afternoons here are great for sitting on the porch and watching the day end. The Supermarket - a French and very European one, is an easy ride down the street. Traffic is heavy and due to that, people tend to pull out into the street more aggressively than usual. Marigot is a quick drive and an easy port for daytrips to St Barths and Anguilla. Watch traffic on Tues nights for the rest of February as they have a festival in Grand Case and we were bumper to bumper almost all the way from Marigot.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stepsite
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Snguggled on a hill, a close walk from Grand Case's 50 or so beachfront restaurants, this small spot has big madern and immaculate rooms with views to match. The French owners are pleasant and want to please.
Private security makes you feel safe at nights,something that at times is lacking elsewhere on St Martin.
Going back next year.

1  Thank venamo
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Ok.. So this was my second visit to this hotel and again I had an absolutely amazing time. This review may be a little more than you are looking for... but you need to read it to get the full effect. This was a little 4 night, last minute, getaway to recharge my batteries. To start, my oversized loft was immaculate, and the music playing upon my arrival made my bones melt, (along with the loaf of French bread). You could literally eat off the floors, counters etc...it was so clean in there. My upstairs bedroom/loft had a balcony with two chairs overlooking the water, GORGEOUS! And the newly renovated bathroom was very modern, clean, and sleek. The grounds are immaculate as well. The staff was very friendly, had no problems there...or anywhere!
On Tuesday nights (or any day or night) you can walk down the "footpath" which is beautifully lit and there are so many trees with tropical flowers along the way, and head into Grand Case where the streets are closed off for the festival which is filled with vendors. Food/clothing/accessories etc... There is a parade and live music playing, if anything its nice to soak in a little of the local flavor. There is also a fantastic sandy beach to go to in this area, one of my favorite things to do is walk down to the beach and sit out in front of Calmos Cafe and have a Pina Colada and some lunch and soak up the rays! (lots of pretty seaglass there too).
Like I said I was there for a retreat, and that is exactly what I did. I had a MASSAGE by Tricia in my room that was to die for. I did this on my last day there and wished I had done it on my first and everyday I was there. Tricia gave an extremely professional massage. She is very knowledgeable in a spiritual healing way. I truly felt 100% better after my session with her.
As for the owners... Well... Words cannot describe how extremely wonderful, kind, genuine, warm, and generous Kristin and Marc are. These two know how to make a guest feel at home! I am anxiously awaitng my next trip there. It will have to be longer for sure!

Room Tip: I have been in room 14 and room 12 and they were both perfect!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo