“Great value for Money!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On one of my first trips to St-Maarten, I had asked some of the locals where they went. I was told Talk of the Town. I was not disappointed, you get a very generous portion and if you're lucky enough to get there when she brings in her home made Coconut Ice Cream, you are in for a REAL Treat!! This is not the place though, that you will bring your wife on her birthday or your anniversary though! ;)

There are newer reviews for Talk of the Town

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just got back from eating at Talk of the Town, which we chose based on the reviews on this site. Unfortunately, our experience was not as good as others' on this site. The menu board posted on the street is different in many ways from the menu you are handed when you sit down. (Prices lower on post on road.) The waitress copped an attitude when I asked about prices and it was downhill from there. Beers were not $1, but $2 (which I'm not complaining about--just wanted the reader to know they are not always $1). I had grilled chicken leg (delicious) and conch stuffed eggplant (awful). The stuffed eggplant had not even a hint of conch in it and tasted like bread mush. My husband got the rib plate--not bad, but no better than any other rib experience at a lolo. If you want a delicious plate of ribs, go to Mark's Place in Philipsburg! (Better hurry. Mark's Place is for sale.)

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived in St Martin, everyone recommended we visit the lolos to eat and there's a great reason for that.

A casual setting right near the water, with the smoky smell of char wafting through the air, there's nowhere else I'd rather be having a lazy island lunch.

We tried both Sky's the Limit and Talk of the Town and while both were great, Talk won my husband's heart with their grilled chicken; so much so that we went back 4 times during our week here. The grilled shrimp were excellent, smoky, but sweet in that fresh from the water way. The cod accras and Johnnycakes were light and crispy too. The only thing we tried that Sky's has them beat on was the Mac and cheese. Beans and rice, curry rice and potato salad were fantastic, too. This place is just good, simple food, extremely well made.

For $10-20/person including an alcoholic beverage and enough food to put you into a coma, it can't be beat!

Next time we come to St Martin, maybe we'll try the other lolos, but with food that good, you hardly need to.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is great food on the cheap! The ribs were phenomenal and the shrimp delicious, and even with a couple side orders each and a yummy cocktail, our meal was only about $30. Can't be beat!! If you are allergic to smoke, make sure to get a table on the outer edges, because there is quite a cloud that rolls off the barbeques...difficult to see across the lolo when things get rolling!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ending up eating here two suppers after the first one being so good. Best Ribs I have had in a while and cheap beer. If you are looking for some fun and a cheap dinner for GC go for it you will not be disappointed.