“Awesome Food/Great Service”
Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My wife & I dined at the Bistrot this past August. Food & service were fantastic. We started our meal with the traditional escargot & french Onion Soup both were excellent. Our server Madia recommended the house speciality (veal scallopini with gratineed Blue Cheese. My wife had the braised red snapper which was also excellent. The dining experience was very nice, not rushed at all, total time at the table was (2) hours. Also, the exchange rate when we were there was $1.30 us for $1 euro. The restaurant discounted to $1.20. Just a very nice place for dinner.

1  Thank cbenedict51
Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Excellent meal, actually my wife's favorite in Grand Case. For me, it would rank third (behind Le Pressoir and Le Cottage) for fine dining in GC. The atmosphere could have been improved with lower lights and while I cannot blame the restaurant for the revving motorcycles that continuously went round and round the main street, 10 ft from our table, it certainly affected the mood.
Service, while acceptable, was also not comparable with the price. Nice meal though.

1  Thank freuchie9
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Bistrot Caraibes is a top fine dining experience. You will not find any better presentation on the island. The atmosphere is very romantic and is worth the trip. My lamb was not the best I have ever had but it was very tender and tasty. My wife had a super garlic shrimp pasta dish which was more than she could eat. The others in our party were from Paris and they were very impressed with their meal of red snapper and how it reminded them of the restaurants in Paris. Bistrot Caraibes is a must try if you have never eaten here.

1  Thank ingeborgdot
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We hit up this place on a night when I had tired of seafood so the hubby and I both had the fliet. I had the menu version, he had the special topped with camembert cheese. Really, really delicious. We were there for our anniversary and the staff was so lovely. They took great care of us and brought us the most over the top dessert. Their (amazing!) profiteroles with a weapons grade streamer blasting sparks and light from it. It made quite a spectacle and was really fun. Delicious meal - give it a try!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Thiebau and Ameury maintain levels of service and food quality that are totally over the top. Thhe atmosphere makes you feel like you are dining at the home of close friends.

1  Thank Steve W