“Excellence ... have the lobster!”
Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Exceptional quality, portion, service and atmosphere at Bistrot Caraibes. I'd never had lobster thermidor before, but per the many recommendations herein I ordered in. It was outstanding (albeit expensive) and I would suggest you do the same. I also suggest you make a reservation, as it is quite small and quite popular.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,874)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We are heartily greeted by brothers, Amaury and Thibault Meziere, owners of Bistrot Caraibes to the intimate atmosphere of their restaurant. I decide on the lobster (succulent) while my husband picks the rack of lamb, lavishily displayed. All the presentations are of artistic quality. We share a trio of sorbet and ice cream that is too pretty to eat, but we do it. Part of the charm of this popular attraction, is the ability to converse with others in the compact atmosphere while enjoying a glass of vintage wine or just some sparkling water. The staff are attentive and friendly. The evening passes all too quickly. We will definitely return on our next visit to this jewel in the Caribbean.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Every minute in this restaurant was special, from the welcome right through to the farewell. The standard of food served in this restaurant run by brothers Thibault and Amaury is excellent . All 4 in our party cleared their plates and we all came away very satisfied. The ginger rum farewell drink was superb. We will be back again, and again.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

...but if this is the second best restaurant in Gran Case, no wonder Puerto Rico is the culinary capital of the Caribbean, and maybe of many other cities in the world. I had escargots and mushrooms in a sauce that were not bad, but I had to put some salt to enhance it's flavor. My wife had an onion soup which was very good. We both shared a lobster thermidor that also needed flavor, which the lemon, and more lemon, and a little salt, were also needed. Both the mashed potatoes (which I asked to be changed for potatoes Au Gratin) were tasteless. By the way, I don't like salty food. For dessert, we ate a hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream that was the specialty of the house and it was, hmm, good. Not great. We had a free cup of house wine offered at the door as an incentive to come in and sit down. The service? Nothing out of this world. We had the empty lobster shells for more than 15 minutes at the table and I had to call the waiter to take the plates.

A soup, escargots and a shared lobster with one dessert, $165 US; tip not included. You'll be the judge.

37  Thank Tkierce
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We came here for dinner with a large group of people. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious! All 16 people in our party loved their food! There are a lot of good places in grand case but Bistrot Caraibe is definitely at the top.

1  Thank saverb