“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Bistrot Caraibes certainly lived up to my expectations and then some. We were there for 3 nights out of the 4 nights we dined out.

Thibault and Amaury have made their restaurant a memorable place for fine dining. They were warm, knowledgeable and pleasant, and without the attitude that one can encounter at an upscale French restaurant. The service was great but they did not hover, it was perfect! Nancy was a wonderful addition to the staff.

I loved their frog legs, I could eat them every night. The lobster Thermidor was absolutely scrumptious, the sauce was heavenly, my husband loved it. Their profiteroles were a perfect way to end a romantic dinner. Their homemade rum was so addictive, we got a complimentary bottle from them and we are enjoying it every night for the past week.

We went to another Grand Case restaurant, it was such a disappointment and it reinforced my belief that you are really the best. Bistrot Caraibes was the highlight of our trip! Thank you Amaury and Thibault for making us feel so special! Your level of service is rare indeed.

• Visited September 2013

Carlsbad
“Lobster lovers”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Bistrot Caraibes is renowned for their Lobster Thermidor, but they also offer several other preparations. My husband and I picked live lobster right out of the tank located in front of the restaurant. I had mine simply grilled and he chose Thermidor style. Both preparations were delicious.
The restaurant has a very nice menu, with lots of choices besides lobster. We had a shrimp and scallop appetizer that was exquisite. The lobster bisque was also very good.
The restaurant is lovely, and the staff is friendly and attentive. If you visit Bistrot Caraibes, you are sure to have a great meal and a very good time.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank KMacleay
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So gooooood”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We ate here the first and last night I will eat here more than twice next time we visit. Get the Lobster and ask him to cut in half and he will cook it 2 different ways ! Amazing service and even better food!!!! Oh ya get the deserts !

Visited June 2013
Georgia, USA
“Wonderful for foodies”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Bistro Caraibes
There is nothing below par or mediocre about this place. We only tried four high end restaurants and we weren't disappointed in any of them. Again very welcoming with a complementary apperitiff. Food superb, servce and friendliness great, surroundings very good.

Would absolutely go again.

• Visited August 2013
San Juan, PR
“Best in Grand Case - Excellent Food and Service!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband, Nikhil, and I are self proclaimed foodies and we frequent at the best restaurants in St Maarten/St Martin. Bistrot Caraibes is definitely our favoirte spot! We have had many casual dinners there but have also celebrated many special occasions there. Last time we were at Bistrot was last week for our 4 year wedding anniversary. My husband made our reservations via email. Amaury replied right away and confirmed our table. We also requested to bring a special bottle of wine and he waived the corkage fee due to our special day. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by the staff and seated immediatetly. We ordered some champagne to begin, then they offered to open our bottle for us. The food was in a word, amazing. We started with the smoked salmon appetizer, which is cooked in house, and the special escargot in mushroom sauce... both heavenly! For dinner, my husband chose his lobster from the tank and ordered it thermidor. It was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth! I had the filet, medium rare and it was the perfect temperature and also absolute perfection. Dessert was a chocolate cake, which they decorated with a large, fun sparkler! And it was a delightful end to the meal. They also treat you to a ginger spiced rum before you go, which they sell by the bottle as well. We took our friends from Nyc there once and they bought several bottles to go! Definitely visit Bistrot Caraibes during your next trip to St Martin. Grand Case has lots of options, yes, but this restaurant is consistently good, everyone is friendly (sans attitude!) and quality of food beats them all... everything is always 5 star! My husband and I cant wait to go back :)

• Visited August 2013