“SECOND TRIP, STILL AMAZING”
Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I were on the island for our second trip this november 2013. We first discovered this place because we happened to rent our studio - condo off the owners of the restaraunt for both our trips [the prices are great if you are a young couple if you dont need to rent an entire villa for your stay!]. Our first trip was last September 2012 and we loved it so much we rented from them again for this trip. They are very friendly and accomodating and treat us amazingly whenever we eat there. My boyfriend loves the lobster bisque. The first time I had the stuffed chicken with mushroom risotto and it was great, this time we both had the sea bass (not listed on the menu but they happened to have some at the time we went) it was cooked perfectly and the sauces were to die for!

The atmosphere is unique, like nothing I have ever experienced, including a huge lobster "tank" at the entrance. The restaraunt is always opened up and very airy, you have dine in style but still feel the island breeze and watch others as the browse the shops of Grand Case. It is a sophisticated place to eat without being pretentious! That was my favorite things about eating here and dealing with the owners, all class but no pretentious attitudes. It's very un-like here in Canada, where you will probably never meet the owner of the restaraunt you eat at!

Great time, we will be back for the food and the studio apt for our next visit to beautiful, delicious St. Martin :)

1  Thank zoolab
There are newer reviews for Bistrot Caraibes

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were staying in St Martin for 10days in November 2013, we wanted to go somewhere special to celebrate my 50th birthday. At Bristot Caraibes I was not disappointed. What attracted us to this restaurant was the French menu. My son had frog legs which he really enjoyed, I had the lamb which was delicious and to finish off we had one of the nicest creme brulee and they also decorated a small chocolate cake complete with sparkler for my birthday cake. The restaurant is not too big but has a nice atmosphere, service was fantastic. I would recommend this restaurant if you are visiting St Martin.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We dined here in June 2012 for our honeymoon. When we got to St. Martin we didn't do any research on restaurants. We looked up Trip Advisor and went to the #1 restaurant in Grand Case and at the time it was Bistrot Caraibes. We were not disappointed. The escargot was served traditionally, but was still very good. We couldn't help but order one of the lobsters on the menu. We couldn't decide between garlic butter or thermidor (never having had thermidor before). Our server told us we could actually do both if we would like to try thermidor. Thanks to his helpful selection, that is just what we did. Our server then went to the outdoor tank in the front of the restaurant and produced a beast of a lobster. There was so much to eat and while we really enjoyed the garlic butter half, we were both salivating over the thermidor half. Amazing. Overall, the service and food here were excellent and we would definitely head back there.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was our second visit to St. Martin and to Bistrot Caraibes and we were not disappointed. The food, service, and hospitality are amazing. I was happy to see the veal still on the menu (my husband had it last time and I was jealous). It was better than I remembered. My husband had the scallops which were delicious and to finish it off the warm chocolate cake. I still can't believe something as "simple" as chocolate cake can be made to taste soooo good. We dine early (around 6pm) so we were some of the first people in the restaurant but it was filling up when we left and the owners are always around to answer questions provide suggestion and offer great sevice. We will be back on our next visit to the island!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our family enjoyed a fantastic meal at Bistro Caraibe last March. The food was excellent, the service even better. The restaurant is small but inviting. We are looking to our next visit in March of 2013. If you have the opportunity visit and enjoy the food and ambience.

Fans from Mahone Bay Nova Scotia