“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Bistrot Caraibes is famous for its lobster fresh out of the tank. They also have other dishes that are excellent. Service is outstanding. The two owners, Thiebeault and Amaury, are excellent hosts.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stopped in here on Tuesday night during the Harmony/Carnival. Reservations are def a must. We started with the frogs legs, which were so juicy & flavorful. We also had the duck app, which was amazing. I had the shrimp & pasta w/saffron special, which was like soft velvet on my lips with a hint a sweetness that lingered. He got the Seafood (Snapper, Tuna, Scallops & more) in a lobster broth - again - your mouth will thank you! It must be said that Thibault is an honest businessman. We also ordered a bottle of wine, which after I tasted it seemed OK, but he quickly tasted it himself after seeing the color and gave us a new bottle. Thibault deserves your business!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We have been to Bistrot Caraibes three times now and two times were on this last trip to St. Martin. The owners are great and very attentive. If you are looking for lobster for dinner this is definitely one of the best places on the island. You can pick your lobster straight from the pool in front which my son got a kick out of. We have tried a variety of things on the menu and all were good. I highly recommend that you try it when you are in town!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you have not had the pleasure of eating here I would highly recommend it. I have been there on three different occasions and I can tell you that each time my family and I have could not have been treated better or had better food.... in all occasions I've had the fresh lobster which you can not go wrong with. As an American we hear a lot about how the French do not cater to us... All I can say is that Thibault and Amaury have never made me, my family or friends feel that way and every time I am on the island I will be sure to make another visit. Thanks again to the both of you for your kindness and hospitality.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Bistro Caraibes recommended to us by owners of villa where we were staying. Had a party of 7 and were seated a little early after being greeted by name by the owner. Table a perfect size for our group and we never felt crowded despite the warm and intimate feel of the restaurant. Service was warm, friendly, attentive...the owner was onsite working to make sure all the guests were enjoying their evening. The menu, wine, food prep/presentation were all fabulous. We had a perfect evening, and will certainly return on our next trip to St. Martin. Bistrot Caraibes deserves it's excellent reputation!