Grand Case Beach Club
Le Petit Hotel(Grand Case)
Hotel L'Esplanade(Grand Case)
LOVE(Grand Case)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mont Vernon(Cul de Sac)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,823 results
All reviewssunset cafecreole rockwater sports deskcroissantsocean frontfull kitchencontinental breakfastgarden viewwatersports deskrented a carbedroom loftwalk into townlounge chairspaddle boardslaid backst martinon site restaurant
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at GCBC for 2 nights after a cruise (9th and 10th March) We had chosen it for its beach front location and quiet position on the French side but also close to fabulous Gramd Case restaurants.

We were not disappointed on any of our expectations except the weather was unsettled and snorkelling was not possible.

The rooms were very nice. Having arrived early (about 10AM) we were told to use the sun loungers and the staff would come to find us when our rooms were ready which we were told was likely to be before the check in time of 3pm. We were encouraged by that but when no-one came we went for a lovely lunch in the Sunset cafe. By 3pm we still didn't have rooms and were disappointed not to have got them earlier although we appreciated that it may ot be possible.

It was great place to stay for a couple of days. The position could not have been better and hopefully we'll return for a longer stay.

I was surprised by the comment of another reviewer about Grand Case not being French enough. I thought it was more French than I remember from previous trips and was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jane G
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Grand Case Beach Club for our 50th wedding anniversary at the recommendation of our travel agent. She thought we would love it. We had requested a room with a balcony, but we got a first floor patio room. This turned out to be o.k. The rooms were very nice and the staff did a great job of cleaning each day. We did have trouble with the toilet and had to call maintenance twice during the week we were there. Another thing we did not like was having to call the office to replenish a drink or a candy bar every time we took one.

We felt that the staff at the office were very friendly, nice, and helpful. My husband got sick while we were there and had to see a doctor. The young lady in the office called a cab for us and recommended a doctor.

We did use a cab for shopping and sightseeing -- 3 hours will cost you $90.

We felt that the resort was too secluded, especially since there was no shuttle into town. It is kind of hard for people in their 70s to walk the distance into town when there are no sidewalks. We had to ask the office to call a cab each time we wanted to go somewhere which was a pain.

We also would have liked more than one restaurant. The food was o.k., but not outstanding.

If you want to lay on the beach and relax or snorkel, this is the place for you. We are not interested in going here again.

Room Tip: A better view with a balcony room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank greatcook
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Grand Case Beach Club is a wonderful place to unwind with lovely accommodations and a gorgeous setting on the beach on St. Martin, though outwardly it appears to be very unpretentious. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom, 2-bathroom condo (!) which we didn't require but it was a very nice space with a large, long balcony overlooking very nice landscaping and the beautiful beach. Staff was businesslike and professional in the reception area and efficiently made dinner reservations for us in Grand Case a few nights. The housekeeper assigned to our unit was lovely, friendly and thorough. We spoke with her every day (thank you, Sandra!). The water sports staff were all professional, busy and mostly friendly. Some of the equipment is free of charge, some requires a nominal fee. They can arrange for snorkeling trips, catamaran trips to Anguilla (we saw 6 humpback whales on our way over!), trips to St. Bart's, waterskiing lessons, etc. It was nice to have complimentary continental breakfast (juice, coffee, baguettes, croissants and chocolate croissants) at the Sunset Cafe each morning, overlooking the bay. There is a full breakfast, lunch, dinner and bar menu offered also. There are so many different secluded areas on various levels of the grounds at the Beach Club to sit, relax, and enjoy the scenery. All areas have very comfortable, sturdy outdoor furniture. The pool is small but very nice. There is free use of one tennis court but then there's a $5/day charge for use of the small fitness room. Their policy is to charge an increasing percentage for every extra hour for late checkout also. There is a $4/minute charge for phone calls made from the room back to the States, even if you have purchased an international phone calling card! Those things just make you feel like you're being nickel-and-dimed to death, and they should be a courtesy for guests.
The walk into Grand Case itself takes only about 8 minutes or so. There was never a question of safety on the road (other than cars close to walkers on a 1-lane road!), and it was adequately lighted. The restaurants in Grand Case are plentiful and wonderful - take your pick of many French restaurants or local Lolos, the food is terrific everywhere. People are friendly and speak English as well as French, the dollar and/or Euro is accepted everywhere, though not always at a 1:1 ratio.
We would love to return again and again - this was a perfect spot.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnthegoGram
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I knew I was going to have a great vacation before it started. A few days prior to its beginning I received and email from the manager asking about arrival times and if he could make any reservations for dinner. Nice touch!

We were 4 close friends traveling together and booked the 2 bedroom duplex. The unit is large by any standard and includes a kitchen with granite counter tops and all one would need to prepare simple meals. There is a living room and 2 bedrooms, one upper and one lower both with modern ensuite baths.

The upstairs bedroom is huge and includes a sitting area. There are 3 outdoor balconies with the usual tables and chairs.

The grounds are well kept and there are 2 beaches. yes, one does disappear with the tide, but the other is much larger and perfectly suited to sunning and swimming.

There is a "board walk" running around the property which provides lots of covered loungers to relax on.

The resort is "interestingly" placed. It is at the end of "Restaurant Row" which means the nearest restaurant outside of the resort is about a 5 minute walk. The farthest is about a 20 minute walk. I am a walker so I loved being able to dine at different restaurants without the trouble of using a car or taxi.

The walk to "Restaurant Row" can appear a bit seedy, but it is well lit, patrolled by security and at no time did I feel unsafe. Honestly, if I had stayed in a more secluded resort, I would not have enjoyed this trip half as much. There is plenty of local color and just about everyone greats you with a Bon Jour or Hello.

I have no complaints with the staff. Questions were politely answered, sometimes with a bit of whimsy. Our house keeper, Mayra, was exceptional. The rooms were spotless and she is a cheerful ray of sunshine.

The restaurant is not owned by the hotel and I found it to be just average. There are much better places in Grand Case. Do not miss Spiga!

I am not sure why this resort only receives 3 stars. I believe it should really be 4. I would love to return and spend another week in paradise.

Room Tip: We booked 809 and it was great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Phil6184
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I have travelled the Caribean over the years and fully understand the difference between tourist's expectations and the reality of commercial presentations.

Grande Case Beach offers a simple, quiet, professional, unpretentious accommodation to those willing to accept the realities of a very competative commercial enterprise.

The place is very well maintained. The staff is gracious without being condescending, which is much appreciated by jaded travellers such as we.

We have stayed at this resort five times, and plan to stay five time more.

Room Tip: Relax, and enjoy. All rooms are sweet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple