“Romantic, fabulous French restaurant!”

Sol e Luna Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Sol restaurant invites you to a unique dining experience in an elegant, intimate and romantic place in the Caribbean. Within this Creole house tastefully decorated and surrounded by a tropical garden, you will discover a delicate and refined cuisine. Chefs offer you imaginative and innovative dishes in respect of the French culinary tradition together with a selection of preferred wines
Reviewed August 19, 2014

You will be blown away by this gorgeous place. It is a little off of the beaten path so make sure to get directions! It was one of the best meals we have ever eaten in the most charming setting!

1  Thank brettbug

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Location, atmosphere, service were outstanding. 2 entrees were great, 2 were average. Atmosphere was the best on the island.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Maybe I'm biased because we know the chef and his lovely wife, but this is the Best Restaurant on St Martin! My wife and I fine dine in Washington DC and around the world and I can truthfully report that our dinner was one of the best ever. The setting is romantic, the wine list comprehensive and the cuisine is prepared to perfection. This is a "must return" experience. Try the sea bass.....

1  Thank flowerchild75
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were all in awe from the moment we entered this gorgeously decorated restaurant. Attention to detail was evident throughout every corner. The service and food was excellent starting with their signature drink the Champagne mojito. We shared the sampler appetizer which was delicious and we all had the pan seared sea bass with fennel and tangerine. We passed on dessert because we were all too full, but the selection was lovely. However they offered us their home-made flavored rum regardless. Bill is paid in Euros and tipping is noted on the menu and bill that it is not included. Every website says that tipping is included on the French side at 15%.

1  Thank audreylebowitz
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Would have given 5 stars, but as two larger groups entered the restaurant, the service for my wife and I basically became non-existent for the latter part of our meal.
The decor in this place is pretty remarkable. If you are looking for a romantic and intimate setting, this is the place to go. The food was outstanding from a taste, appearance, and portion standpoint. We ordered the lobster bisque covered with an almond puff pastry for an appetizer. For the main course, I ordered the "fish of the day" which was mahi mahi. My wife ordered some sort of seafood shell pasta, which we both agreed that we would get again if we were ever to go back. It consisted of shrimp, mussels, calamari, octopus, scallops, etc. The mojito special was the highlight of the meal. Our waiter said that he used champagne to replace the club soda, which made a huge difference. So good that I had to order two. I think this place is definitely worth checking out, but be warned, it is rather expensive when converted to US dollars.