“Great View Great Service Great FOOD....”

Sol e Luna Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Sol restaurant invites you to a unique dining experience in an elegant, intimate and romantic place in the Caribbean. Within this Creole house tastefully decorated and surrounded by a tropical garden, you will discover a delicate and refined cuisine. Chefs offer you imaginative and innovative dishes in respect of the French culinary tradition together with a selection of preferred wines
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Ok first my wife got there very early but felt very comfortable. Island dinning starts much later. We had a wonderful table that really was amazing. The breeze was great the lighting was all perfect. We started and shared a cheeze dish which was perfectly prepared. My wife had a fish dish snapper prepared excellent. I had the special which was filet mignon with foie gras with a cream sause over it. I have to say I am not a big foie grae guy but this was amazing well pared. At the end of the evening we did not have dessert but they gave us a complementary after dinner drinks which were very very nice. This was out best meal on the island and I would say it would rank in my top 50 meals ever. The only thing that I could not have was wine since I was on some medication which would have helped complete the meal.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sol y Luna has a crazy Mojito that is of gargantuan proportions and completely delicious! But it doesn't end there - the service is nice and the food is really good too. The portions are fairly large, making some of the appetizers like the tuna carpaccio big enough for a meal. Whether vegetarian or carnivore, there is something wonderful for all on this menu. We were 4 people and we ordered pasta, steak and tuna - it was all very good. Definitely pricey, but it seems prices at this time of year are a bit inflated everywhere.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We loved Sol e Luna so much that we ate here twice during our stay in St. Martin. Terry was extremely polite, welcoming, and professional. The food was absolutely delicious. The foie gras appetizer and fish special entree were our favorites, but everything was great. The restaurant is impeccably decorated. You feel like you're dining somewhere special and the whole atmosphere is very romantic. It was a perfect dining experience that I'd recommend to anyone going to St. Martin without hesitation.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We found the prices to be higher than many other comparable places, but the food was great and the ambience was good.

1  Thank Kelly E
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have been visiting St. Martin for a few years now. Christian, the owner and chef, runs the restaurant with his family. Every bite of food here has been exquisite. Make sure to always ask about the specials because they are often some of the best dishes. The restaurant lives up to its reputation of being the most romantic restaurant on the island. It is not actually located in Grand Case. It is in the French Cul De Sac which is only a couple min from Grand Case.