“Beautiful ambience, amazing food, wonderful service.”

Sol e Luna Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Sol restaurant invites you to a unique dining experience in an elegant, intimate and romantic place in the Caribbean. Within this Creole house tastefully decorated and surrounded by a tropical garden, you will discover a delicate and refined cuisine. Chefs offer you imaginative and innovative dishes in respect of the French culinary tradition together with a selection of preferred wines
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We loved Sol e Luna so much that we ate here twice during our stay in St. Martin. Terry was extremely polite, welcoming, and professional. The food was absolutely delicious. The foie gras appetizer and fish special entree were our favorites, but everything was great. The restaurant is impeccably decorated. You feel like you're dining somewhere special and the whole atmosphere is very romantic. It was a perfect dining experience that I'd recommend to anyone going to St. Martin without hesitation.

There are newer reviews for Sol e Luna Restaurant

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We found the prices to be higher than many other comparable places, but the food was great and the ambience was good.

1  Thank Kelly E
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have been visiting St. Martin for a few years now. Christian, the owner and chef, runs the restaurant with his family. Every bite of food here has been exquisite. Make sure to always ask about the specials because they are often some of the best dishes. The restaurant lives up to its reputation of being the most romantic restaurant on the island. It is not actually located in Grand Case. It is in the French Cul De Sac which is only a couple min from Grand Case.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Wow. I don't know what to say. I've eaten at places like La Colombe in Cape Town South Africa, the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo to Michelin-starred restaurants in Paris. I'm trying to remember the last time i felt so underwhelmed by an overpiced dining experience. To be fair, St. Martin is an expensive place. But I can't recall another place where I paid 7 euros for water...I had an appetizer (good), past (above average), and water...for a grand total of $70...no coffee, no dessert. The bread that came out was hard, like stone. 70 dollars. Insane.

The next day I went down to Grand Case and had a healthy serving of ribs, rice, small salad and coke for $10 at a local lolo. Of course, this is not an apples to apples comparison, and I will have to dine at other gourmet outfits in SXM to really compare, but suffice to say I can not recommend. For $70 for 2 dishes I expect to be blown away - the only thing that got blown away on this night was my dollar bills....

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We haven't been here for years. I regret that. This time was an experience. The restaurant is quite beautiful in a lovely garden oasis type of setting. It was idyllic, worthy of pictures. However, the flash of a camera going off in such a subdued setting while others were dining would have been rude. Pictures of the food suffice. I don't hand out "the best meal" in reviews. But, this one may be it, even though we had many unbelievable dinners in Grand Case and locally. What I think set this apart was the uniqueness of it. The setting, the service, food. THE FOOD! I had scallops carpaccio. Do not be fooled by the picture. It is not bland as the photo may indicate. It was clean, sweet, with the right amount of citrus, and, tasted as if the scallops had jumped straight from the sea into my mouth. I have never had better. My husband echoed similar comments about his foie gras. That, of course, we can have anywhere in St. martin. so, for that to be that good in his eye says volumes. He is the foie gras lover of the two of us. The special that night was bouillabaise prepared with a choice of sauces. I had the traditional. He had a lobster broth. Again, the best we have had. We will be back! fyi, it is expensive.