“Fantastic Dinner”

Ranked #15 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Sol restaurant invites you to a unique dining experience in an elegant, intimate and romantic place in the Caribbean. Within this Creole house tastefully decorated and surrounded by a tropical garden, you will discover a delicate and refined cuisine. Chefs offer you imaginative and innovative dishes in respect of the French culinary tradition together with a selection of preferred wines
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ate here on our first night in St. Martin, and enjoyed it so much that we returned for dinner on the last night of our trip. This is a truly incredible restaurant, and a delightful dining experience. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My hubands birthday was during our honeymoon so we wanted somewhere extra special! This was a very neat, "feel like you were in the trees" place! I would encourage everyone to sit outside and enjoy the vibe. It was also nice and close to our hotel (Karibuni).
We had the house made mojitos (which I recommend) and my favorite dish was the yellowtail appetizer. The music was what really enhanced our experience (it was fresh and kind of "took you away"). They put sparklers in my husbands dessert (which of course he loved) !
It was a wonderful place and it was the most dressed up we got on the trip (as well, the most dressed up any of the fellow travelers I saw were). Also, it was the most we spent on a meal while traveling (for those that are curious).

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Somewhat hard to find, but that is the only negative...everything else was fab! Just loved the atmosphere, the service was excellent, the food was scrumptious, it has been a while since we sent but the seafood pot with puff pastry was the best dish we ever had. I sometimes have dreams of eating there, and hope to make it back to the island just for this restaurant. You should also take a tour of the grounds, it is just a beautiful place!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was the best restaurant on the entire island! We ate here three different times as we were also staying at their inn, and each time the food and service were amazing! Their signature drink, champagne mojito, was incredible. We ordered one each time! The ambiance was very romantic including the open air dining where you could feel a gentle breeze at night. The food was delicious and they were very accommodating when I asked for a different vegetarian dish each time. The quality of the ingredients was excellent as was the freshness. Christian is an excellent chef. I would highly recommend this romantic restaurant serving exquisite food!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was possibly the best restaurant I have visited around the world. We visited the restaurant during our stay in French Cul de Sac during Christmas 2012 and had a great experience. The ambiance was great with open air dining, soft lighting during the evening hours and the wait staff was on their A game....I challenge you to have a half full glass of water! The food was out of the world.