“Tasty”

Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Pressoir.... Simply a must!!! Some words to describe this incredible restaurant: - a positive energy - A chef owner, very demanding on the quality and freshness of products - Family busisness with complicity and passion - Loyal, welcoming and professional staff - Sophisticated gastronomy with exceptional products Here Seaview is on the plate
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place is very nice. It has an enormous wine list that covers everyone. The menu always has some nice specials of the day. Service is very good with lots of attention to each table. Other than not having a sunset view, it is great.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

A lovely dining experience. Fabulous food and charming setting. Located right on the main road in Grand Case with a wonderful outside dining area. A little pricey but well worth it.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This restaurant lived up to all of the good reviews we read before visiting the island. We chose this restaurant as my husband's birthday dinner. The champagne cocktail was incredible. We had a smoked salmon appetizer with caviar which was to die for! The hostess/owner was charming. The service could have been better. The waiter did not like us sharing an entree. If he had a better attitude this would have received 5 stars from us!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

There are not enough words in the English language to express my absolute love for this restaurant! It was, hands down, our most memorable meal in St. Martin- and we were on our honeymoon for 7 days/6 nights! I will remember the food, the ambience, and especially the 5-star service forever. You may think I'm exagerating, and yes, I'm a bit overly excited about a restaurant- but this establishment deserves (and earns) every bit of praise it is given.

Situated on restaurant row in Grand Case, it is nestled inside a cozy, brightly-painted cottage that feels romantic, relaxed, and upscale all at once. The sound level is quiet but not hushed. And the vibe is fancy but not stuffy or pretentious. We were seated at a table for two next to a set of open windows, and it was so wonderful to enjoy our dinner with a cool sea breeze. (most restaurants in St. Martin are unairconditioned) We were immediately greeted by Melanie, who is one of the owners and a master of hospitality. Aside from her gracious, sincere service through out our meal- she remembered us three nights later when we shopped in the adjoining boutique! She was also extremely helpful with the wine list- I am not educated on French wines, so she was able to help us select a wonderful bottle of wine for our meal. (which, by the way, they decanted for us)

I'm tempted to go through the food in detailed descriptions, because it was magnificant- but I will just sum it up by saying that it was top-notch. This is classic French cuisine, prepared masterfully and artfully with a Caribbean flare. We had a foie gras sampler and lobster bisque for appetizers. The foie gras was mind-blowing! My husband and I could not decide which preparation we liked best, because they were all amazing. For entrees, we had the duck breast with Morel sauce and the Red Snapper special. Both were exquisite! We were so full from our appetizers, entrees, and wine, that we skipped dessert. And that was not easy, considering their choices!

All in all, this is one of THE best restaurants on the Island, if not THE BEST! However, I suppose it is not fair for me to give it that title, as I have not eaten at every restaurant in St. Martin. I can certainly say it was the best meal we had on our trip, and we so look forward to visiting it again when we go back to St. Martin. It was very special, and will remain that way for us forever.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was the best restaurant we went to this year in Grand Case (a town that has some of the finest restaurants in the Carribbean). The staff served us in a seamless way working together to make this a truly memorable dining experience. The food as always was creatively exceptional. It is not an inexpensive meal, but the value is there. Don't miss the foi gras, they do it in several fabulous ways.