“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Estaminet - CLOSED

L'Estaminet
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: L'ESTAMINET...A French ,innovative cuisine ,combining spices of the word and amazing flavors...And frienddly atmosphere.....
NYC
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Their menu is great. We were in Grand Case celebrating my husband's 50th bday with friends. When we were there 4 years ago we just loved L'Estaminet and it was a must on our return.

I had a goat cheese and beet appetizer that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Their famous chocolate dessert was great, too.

I did think the service could have been a bit better. It wasn't bad, it was quite good, and very professional. I just had the feeling that the guy who waited on us wasn't jazzed about his job - he was stiff and didn't smile much. We're a pretty jovial group - I find it odd that he didn't respond to that. I know that sounds weird but many of the people we met in Grand Case were very friendly and it made our time there that much better.

1 Thank Gabrielle B

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Probably the best restaurant in Grand Case”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Carole and Ina are gracious hosts. The food is sophisticated and original. In a town where most of the food is good but very traditional, his is a breath of fresh air.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 2opinionated_guys
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Once again Carole and Ina showed us what fine dining means. The appetizer was generous enough for us to share and then some. The entrees were wonderful and the sides were amazing. Each has it's own little special flair. We have been coming here for about five years now and are always pleased. This time Carole went above and beyond and drove us back to our hotel in the pouring rain when we couldn't get a taxi. Thanks again for keeping us dry !!!!

1 Thank Greg S
Columbus, Ohio
“Good but tries to hard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

On a street of great French dining, L'Estaminet tries to be creative and different. I asked our server (who was excellent) for recommendations and my husband and I each picked a recommendation. I had a scallop/foi gras combo that was good but not particularly memorable. My husband had a fish (perhaps monkfish, I don't recall exactly) with a sweet pepper risotto. Both entrees were good, but there are places that I loved more in Grand Case. Oh and for dessert - a trio of creme brûlée (chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla). Vanilla was good and traditional. The other two were unremarkable. But they were served to the table flaming....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Westmont, New Jersey
“Slow Service/Average Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We were a little concerned because there was only one other couple in the restaurant when we ate. The service was very slow. I ordered the veal special which was not very good. Everyone else thought their meal was average. Servers were nice and friendly.

Visited April 2014