“Would go back”
Review of L'Estaminet - CLOSED

L'Estaminet
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: L'ESTAMINET...A French ,innovative cuisine ,combining spices of the word and amazing flavors...And frienddly atmosphere.....
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Carol greeted us warmly with lots of good information about the specials. We were very pleased with the presentation and quality.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

If you are looking for something different and special, L'Estaminet is the place to go! My sister and I did not read the reviews on Trip Advisor before choosing this restaurant. We just happened to walk by the restaurant, read the menu board and immediately detected this restaurant had something special and different to offer. We were right! The food was more than delicious, it was outstanding. The entrée, a cream of parsnip soup served with a side salad infused with ginger was superb. The evening special, fish (sole) covered with nut served with a vanilla butter sauce was delightful. The vegetables (broccoli, cabbage and fennel) were individually seasoned and cooked to perfection. The dessert, (le moelleux) was heaven! The service was flawless! Luc was attentive, friendly and took the necessary time to explain each course. The atmosphere was pleasant. The wine list offers a very good selection of wines to accompany your meal. If you are looking for a one of a kind experience, you will enjoy L'Estaminet.

2  Thank Joanne P
Reviewed April 24, 2014

L'Estaminet has a very creative menu. We started with a lobster bisque that is quite different from the traditional one. And it was amazing! The main course was also delicious, one of the best I've has on the trip.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

A few steps beyond the main cluster of restaurants is a restaurant not to be missed. Done in chic, beachy brown and whites it has a more modern and ingenious style, beyond French, Provencal, or French Caribe. The combinations were extraordinary, and they servers were patient with our questions - and so curious about our Matzoh (it was Passover) the chef asked to try it. My foie gras came with a red wine, orange and cinnamon ice granita. The tuna was seared at the table, with a sauce in an interesting vial, with a cone of spicy ginger salad. My husband had chicken breast stuffed with morel and emmenthal cheese… the four miniature vegetable sides with unique flavors, such as tonka, and vanilla. Our creme brulle trio, nutella, cream and coffee, came en flambé.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I could not stop commenting on how great the food and the presentation were. My wife thought it was one of the finest restaurants we had ever been to. I had the sea bass and my wife the scallops. We had a fabulous chocolate dessert. The only drawback was the service was very slow. The food did make up for it. This and L'effet Mer were the two best restaurants in Grand Case.