“A must go!”
Review of L'Estaminet - CLOSED

L'Estaminet
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: L'ESTAMINET...A French ,innovative cuisine ,combining spices of the word and amazing flavors...And frienddly atmosphere.....
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The reviews are correct, l'estaminet is fabulous. We had dinner here on the occasion of our 25th wedding anniversary and Carole and Ina helped to make it a very special night. We did have a reservation, and we would suggest making one especially in full season.

The menu is very inventive and everything that we had was perfect! I had a Chilean Sea Bass for my entree and it was cooked perfectly. The service was spot on, just the right speed between courses.

The only drawback is the location so close to the road, however this is Grand Case.

Thank you again Ina and Carole!

Date of visit: November 2012
1  Thank Paula6

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I live on the island for 20 years and have tried most of the restaurants, specialy those in Grand Case, this is one of the best, or may be the best on the island. We had a wonderfull dinner, everything was great, tasty food cooked perfetly, ery inventive cuisine. The menu is really great, you want to come back to try what you haven't tried yet.

2  Thank AntoineScubaFun_11
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband had made reservations for this place a week in advance because he was so excited to try not only the main meal but the chocolate cigar! Just FYI, you don't need reservations way in advance for most of the restaurants in Grand Case in the off season. We showed up early and they were more than accommodating. As a vegetarian, this place will blow you away with their creativity! I would rank this place close to the culinary sciences they use at MOTO in Chicago. My husband loved the seafood special and the stuffed pork tenderloins. All of the plates were beautifully and artfully presented. If you have room for desert you must try the chocolate cigar and the lollipops.

1  Thank VAJPT
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The service was a bit slow and a bit pretentious. The food was tasty and the portions were small. We were in St Martin for 9 days and tried many restaurants. We had high hopes for this place but found it average. The decorations are beautiful. The presentation of food is lovely. I can also say there was some creative options on the menu.

1  Thank Melbavoootz
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our 3rd visit during late September/early October. I look forward to dining at this exceptional restaurant every year. Every aspect of the dining experience is delivered with thought and care.
The menu is interesting and offers unique flavor combinations, as well as a few classic dishes.
My husband and I shared the French onion soup for an appetizer. We were each served a small bowl. I decided on lamb tenderloin with lobster spring rolls for the main course. The lamb was cooked as requested; thinly sliced and fanned out over creamy mashed potatoes. Each of the four different vegetables on the plate were individually prepared with flavors that were a treat for the palate. The wrappers on the 2 handmade spring rolls were crispy with a filling of all lobster meat. Small homemade dinner rolls with herbs and flavored butter accompanied the meal. If I had to choose 1 word to describe the meal it would be savory.
My husband enjoyed the beef tenderloin as a main course. The wine complemented our meal very nicely which we finished following the meal. We chatted with the couple sitting at the table next to us. The service is spot on; attentive and relaxed. I felt as though we set the pace for our dining experience. Most satisfying.
The decor and atmosphere are attractice, simple and comfortable.
II look forward to another fabulous dinner next year.

2  Thank BAFoodie2