“Never judge a 'book' by it's cover”
Review of Le Ti Coin Creole

Le Ti Coin Creole
Ranked #30 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Ti Coin Creole restaurant may not be as fancy as the other restaurants on Grand Case Blvd strip, and it is actually not located right on the strip, but it is well worth the visit! Everytime I'm in St. Martin, regardless of where I'm staying, this is a restaurant that I have to visit. Carl, the owner is also the chef. Look beyond the simplicity and enjoy his culinary creations.

2  Thank sandyMississauga

Reviewed December 11, 2011

The goat curry was outstanding. The goat was served with bones so that enhanced the flavor. The conch cocktail was ok, not much conch.

I also ordered a planters punch. At the most expensive place in Grand Case the punch cost 6 euros. That means one Carib beer was 4 euros.

There were only two tables in the restaurant. I only ordered the two courses and it took 1:45 to eat there.

The total bill with drinks and two of the cheapest things on the menu came to $33. Not worth it. Much better places to go that are better, cheaper, and better service.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Avoid "Le Ti Coin Creole" if you're expecting high-quality, New Orleans style creole food. Service is slow (waitress was unfamiliar with the menu!) and the food was poor. We ordered filleted fish and it was served whole complete with the head! Creole sauce tasted like watered down marinara. Just awful. Overall, the food in St. Martin was bad. I recommend dining at the "Sky's the Limit" lolo outdoor barbeque for value and taste.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Really disappointed as I was expecting tasty, spicy food. Instead the food was so bland, almost devoid of any flavour, certainly no spices used in the "curry". I just do not understand this. On the plus side the people here are warm and friendly and the setting is charming, but we would not eat here again.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

This small local restaurant seems to open at varied times for dinner. The night we were there, the chef himself greeted us and took our order; quite some time later a waiter showed up. The decor is cheerful and island-friendly.

The chef could not have been more accommodating and friendly, and the food was very good. The menu is not laid out the way most of us expect, with descriptions of each entree; each listing of meat or fish could be prepared several different ways. This made it a bit of a challenge to make a selection.

We had one of the best garden salads we have had in the Caribbean, with a quantity and variety of vegetables presented beautifully. However, the amount of dressing provided was quite inadequate.

The real downfall here was pacing and service. It took over two hours for our entire meal (salad, entree, dessert -- no drinks or appetizers) to be served and to get our check.

If you are interested in delicious food, local color and cuisine and will not get bent out of shape if they aren't open at the stroke of 6 pm or if service is slow, I recommend this restaurant. But if you want speedy service and guaranteed times of operation, I cannot recommend this to you.

1  Thank ********