“Great Diving!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Snorkel Tour from St Martin
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
North Carolina
“Great Diving!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

I spent two weeks with Octopus Diving, November 29th - December 13th 2008. It was the best two weeks of diving ever! I went to St. Martin to complete my PADI Divemasters. It was a wonderful experience and by the middle of the first week I was dreading the end of the second one.
The Diving was great: octopus, rays, nurse sharks, lobsters, turtles, spotted eel, arrow crabs, tons of beautiful fish, .....etc....
I know I'm leaving a lot out but I can't think of everything right now..lol
The reefs and wrecks were great too.....My favorite was the Tug Boat! What a cool dive site. Although, The Gregory, was a close second. :)
The shop was really nice.....with improvements everyday....the day I left the shop was having new signs put up. New products/gear were coming daily to the shop for sale....I really wanted the Suunto D4 with the blue band!! :( New steps into the bay were made while I was there. (made by Chris...we were all highly impressed by his skills) - he obviously hasn't always been a dive instructor!
The staff was excellent. I was surrounded by the best instructors that I have ever met. I mainly worked with Craig but still spent lots of time with Max, Sally, and Chris. Craig is very smart and it was obvious that he finished in the top of his OWSI class. It was nice to get to learn from another female diver. Sally was the first female instructor that I have been able to work with. She is wonderful. Max keep me laughing the whole time.....he is hilarious and a great boat Captain! They were all extremely helpful and taught me so much. What a great group.

teamoctopus, Owner at Octopus Diving, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
Thank you for your fantastic report about our first class operation.
The team at Octopus Diving always strive to give the best customer service possible, have fun and offer value for money.
Its a shame you weren't here yesterday - we were diving with four huge dolphins at our house reefs... Awesome !
It was caught on DVD by our underwater professional Videographer.
Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A most do while in St. Martin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

We recently returned from an awesome trip to St. Martin. While staying in Grand Case we were fortunate enough to meet Chris and Sally Davies of Octopus Diving.

I completed my Open Water PADI certification with Chris as my instructor. He could not have been any more thorough and helpful in guiding me through the completion of my course. Chris not only trained me on the required course work but he also gave me instruction on additional skills that would assist me on future dives.

Chris and Sally we extremely friendly and trustworthy. We enjoyed our experience and look forward to future dives with them the next time we visit St. Martin.

teamoctopus, Owner at Octopus Diving, responded to this review, January 8, 2009
Thank you for your truly awesome response.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you became part of the Octopus family!!

Octopus Diving teach divers to be divers.. we teach thorough PADI courses, but also spend the extra time to ensure that you leave as a safe, competent and educated Scuba Diver.

The team at Octopus Diving are looking forward to your return and hope that you continue your PADI education with us.

Thanks again - Team Octopus.
Waterford, CT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The best dive operator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2008

I've been diving with at least 10 dive operators and this was absolutelly the best shop!!! Very helpful and accomodating.

Los Angeles, CA
“Great service! Dive with Chris and Sally - you won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

My partner and I dove with Octopus Diving a few weeks ago (mid-September '08). Given the reviews we read online about St. Martin diving in general, we didn't know how good it would be, but based on several positive reviews about Octopus and the owners Chris and Sally and our strong desire to "just check it out anyway" we booked a day of diving with them. We couldn't have been more pleased and had a second day of diving booked with them before we even got off the boat at the end of our first day. Octopus keeps the groups small and was exactly what we were looking for. The boat was great and we had complete confidence in Chris (our divemaster, guide and captain) immediately. By the second dive on our first day it felt like we were diving with a friend. Unfortunately Sally couldn't make it out on dives with us (she was manning the shop), but she went out of her way to help us with any diving needs and questions we had. Between her, Chris and their whole operation, there is no doubt in my mind that we will dive with them again during our next trip to St. Martin.

Regarding the dive sites - yes, there is still some evidence of storms, but they are definitely recovering - fans, sponges and corals. We saw several eagle rays, barracuda, crabs, lobster, shrimp and various reef fish. We were the only group on all dive sites and the water was super clear, no currents and WARM (84-86F). We consistently dove in board short and rash guards. No wetsuit needed (a welcome relief as our home diving is in Southern California 50-60F water). The dives were on the shallower side, but they were FUN dives - both natural reefs and wrecks - and had plenty to see.

Book your dives with Octopus Diving. They are reliable, safe, friendly and within walking distance of the Lolo's for a yummy post-dive meal and beer.

teamoctopus, Owner at Octopus Diving, responded to this review, October 8, 2008
Thanks so much for all your positive comments. We look forward to diving with you again soon.
st. martin
“My favorite diving center on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

This is the best diving operation on the island. The staff instill not only a sense of reassurance, with their dedication to safety; but are also super friendly. I really enjoyed the low number of divers they take on each trip, it makes the experience much more intimate and avoided making me feel like just another number (as another large scale diving operation on the island did make me feel).