“2 dives in the afternoon, can't wait to do it again.”
Review of Octopus Diving

and up
2 Tank Dive in Grand Case Saint Martin at 8:30 AM
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I dived in 2 different spots (that's unusual... Most clubs take you to one place and that's all) and Michelle, our trainer, gave us the best time. Nice, patient, very pedagogic. Simply the best experience a beginner could dream of, or even an experienced amateur.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"small group"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Thanks to Michelle who is such a sweet and caring instructor we felt safe and had fun. They provide excellent material and surrounding. I was able to rent an underwater camera and diving computer right at the pier.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We can't review based on a group outing but we can review based on a private charter.

We scheduled a private charter for 8 people on the Octopussy, think James Bond, lol. We had everyone from an older adult just watching to an 8 year old that might have gills, we're not sure.

From the scheduling with the owner Sally to the trip itself is was amazing and easily the highlight of our trip.

JT the guide and his assistant Michelle were outstanding. We're not divers but they never made us feel "inferior" just being snorklers. He made us all feel at ease, explained everything we needed to know to a tee and was overall probably the best customer service person I've ever seen.

We started at Creole Rock which was pretty calm. JT and Michelle even got in the water with us. JT helped our son (age 11) get a little more confidence and made him be able to swim solo instead of in a group. Michelle went out with others in our group and showed them all the cool stuff in the water. JT dove down and brought up a couple cool crabs to show everyone and we spotted a remora fish and moved him around so we could see him up close(looks like a shark but latches onto whales and such to mooch off of them). He even helped an old non-swimmer like me get into the water with moderate confidence and enjoy himself.

We headed over to Turtle Reef to look for turtles and of our older persons in our group got seasick. We asked JT if we could take them back to shore and he didn't hesitate one bit. He took them back to shore, Michelle even got off the boat with them and the rest of us headed back to Turtle Reef to look some more (we were supposed to go over to Happy Bay as well but since we had to head back we didn't have time). We didn't see any turtles but as we were packing up he spotted on and didn't bat an eye, grabbed the camera and dove into the water like a flash to try to get pics for us.

We would be comfortable to say this was the highlight of our trip and we even swam with the dolphins. The way JT treated all of us, loved our kids like his own and just made us all feel like family.

Well worth the money for a private charter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family and I have dove all over the Caribbean and out of everywhere we have been I would say that Octopus diving has the best crew we have ever dove with. Mark, our guide, was a blast to dive; not only was he extremely knowledgable about every dive but he was also a blast to be with. Our boat captain lee was very good in making sure everyone was as comfortable as possible on the boat even when the sea were very rough. I wish I could give them 6 stars because octopus diving truly deserves it, definitely recommending to all of my dive friends.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I think 5 stars means an exceptional, not just an acceptable, experience.

We had Mark as a dive master, Lee as boat captain, and David was manning the shop. All were extremely competent, friendly, and were proactive in making sure we were taken care of. These folks were very professional and were clearly trying to provide a great experience for their customers. I didn't have to ask for anything nor did any concerns arise, because they identified and met my needs before I knew I had any needs.

While I am not a super long-time diver, nor have I dived with anyone else in St. Martin, I would absolutely recommend Octopus as a dive operator totally worth spending your time with.

Specific dives included a shipwreck near Tintamarre and a shallow reef closer to Grand Case, both were amazing experiences for me.