“Excellent dives ... Great team” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Snorkel Tour from St Martin
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Gloucester, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent dives ... Great team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Dave and Mike lead our group to Fishpot and New Reef... Dave did a great job prepping the dives with info and dive master advise. Equipment was top notch, and Octopussy was a nice dive boat. Turtles greeted us along with the magic of the St. Martin Caribbean. We highly recommend, and wish your dives are as great as ours were.

Dive date: March 19, 2014

New York City, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling trip we've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Everything was perfect... from the information given on the phone to check-in, price, spaciousness of parking area, safety, friendliness, and, last but of course not least the snorkeling sites. We went out with one other couple who were there to dive. We stopped at Creole Island for the first dive where we saw some incredible fish, eels, urchins, sea fans, brain coral, and several other types of coral. The other pair on the boat hadn't done any diving in decades, but my strong sense is that this was the right outfit to get them back into the water. The dive master, James, and Lindsay, the crew member, were a terrific pair. They could see I hadn't been snorkeling in a while either and they were incredibly encouraging and gentle. I would bet they are equally good with the most experienced and best of divers and snorkelers. The second stop was Turtle Reef and was even more spectacular. My husband and I couldn't quite find the reef, so after we swallowed some humble pie, we took James up on his offer to lead us to it. He jumped in and showed us tons of stuff -- turtles, fish, coral, even a rudder lost by what seemed to have been a large boat. Both James and Lindsay were quite learned about the sea life and the island. Their friendliness and warmth were endearing. And they topped it off the trip with fresh orange slices and ice cold water. So refreshing. We can't wait to return. Thank you, James and Lindsay! (PS: This is Monique and Ben from NYC. ;) )

2 Thank marabel100
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome diving/snorkelling experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I went out with Octopus on March 17th for the morning trip. I am a diver and my boyfriend is a snorkeler. I emailed Sally ahead of time to make our reservation and Octopus Diving was able to accommodate both of us and took us to two great dive/snorkel spots - Creole Rock and Turtle Reef. Our crew - Lindsay, James, and Sarah were awesome and made the experience unforgettable! Great location! Great dive boat & equipment! Great Staff! I will be recommending your company to others in the future. Thank you for everything!!

2 Thank erinp86
Geneva, Illinois
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“First time diving with Octopus, plan to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was my first time diving since I got certified a year ago. The folks at Octopus were very friendly and helpful. They placed me in a group with two snorkelers and one experienced diver whose girlfriend was diving for the first time. The sites they chose for us weren't very deep, but were interesting nonetheless. We saw a variety of marine life, and they were very good at pointing out animials that were hard to spot on first glance. Be sure to bring a waterproof bag and a towel as you have to wade out to the boat. Water and orange slices are provided. Next time I'm in St. Martin I plan to go back, this time on a deeper dive.

Pembine, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish Pot / Creole dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just wanted to start out and say thank you Sally for all the arrangements with me so I could join your team on 02/15/2014. Although both dives have their own differences I truly enjoyed my dive at Fish Pot the most. As your team, Sara and Dave, was very helpful with getting all the gear ready for the dive and very friendly. During our dive we saw lots of aquatic friends that included a large school of barracudas and one special friend that came to play with us. We saw a dolphin in the background and then came back to play with us then swam through our group one last time as was saying goodbye. This was definitely an experience that I won't forget. On a side note to John G's comment, not sure what happened on that trip but Sarah was definitely not a rude guide.

Visited February 2014