“Fantastic Diving!”

and up
2 Tank Dive in Grand Case Saint Martin at 8:30 AM
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Dove with Greg, Wes and Jade on Feb 6 - Creole Rock and Turtle Reef then Greg and Dave on Feb 7 at New Reef and Fish Pot. The first things that impressed me about Octopus Diving were the cleanliness of the facilities and boats. As I am an advanced diver they made sure I was booked with other advanced divers which was great for me. They will set up all of your equipment for each dive or if you like to set up your own like me it was not a problem and they didn't make a big deal about it which I very much appreciated. The dives were great, visiblity was good. At New Reef and Fish Pot we saw a nice variety of fish including a nurse shark, peacock flounder and an eel that was kind of gold and black - I have never saw one that color before. I only did 4 dives with Octopus but wish I had time to do more!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"st martin"
in 76 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I did the DSD course during a recent trip to St. Maarten. It was absolutely incredible. The dive instructor (Wes) made me feel totally comfortable diving for the first time (at Creole Rock) and was a great guide. I then joined a larger group of divers at Turtle Reef (led by Jade & Wes) and saw some turtles and an octopus.

I very highly recommend them.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed in Grand Case, St. Martin with my family in Jan/Feb for a total of six dives in three days and I couldn't be more satisfied.

I hadn't really been diving that much since i got my certificate back in 2001, but after a PADI Scuba Review refresher home in Sweden, the Octopus Diving experience was more than gentle enough to make me feel comfortable on our very first day of diving, at Creole Rock and Turtle Reef.

The third day however was, frankly... awesome! My brother, my father and I were taken to the Dutch side of the island to explore the wrecks of the Porpoise and the Gregory, at 27 and 15 meters respectively. Unbelievable marine life sightings with tons of rays, lobsters, corals and fish. On our way there, we took the route through the Marigot marina and the lagoon for some light (and lighthearted) sightseeing – entertainingly narrated by the dynamic diving duo of Greg and Dave. Great, great fun!

This was my first time diving in warm waters and I couldn't have done it in a better place!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Following my first e-mail contact with Sally Davies at Octopus in September, we booked diving excursons three consecutive days, two of them combined with snorkeling.
All along, Sally responded to all my queries in a very contructive way, and also sugggested where to stay in Grand Case.
On arrival, we were signed in very smoothly in the Octopus shop, and then were off to the diving center and our first excursion.
My husband and two sons are the divers and they were very impressed by the professional instructors, particularly Greg who vere their instructor twice. Also, they appreciated that different diving sites were presented to them. In addition we found the equipment, boats etc in excellent condition.
Hence, this is an attraction that we highly recommend to all divers who consider going to St Martin. As for myself, so far I've only been snorkeling but following a a successful test dive near Iles des Saintes last week I consider doing the PADI Open Water Diver course in order to be able to join the family's future diving adventures. Although St Martin is a long way from Sweden, I'd very much like to complete the open water dives with Octopus - and to have a good reason for going back to Grand Case, St Martin which we liked a lot due to the small scale and friendly atmosphere!

Written by Maria, February 12.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Octopus diving is a truly professional outfit. The equipment is top-notch and the staff is outstanding. We dove on Feb 12, 2013 with Greg, Jade, Wes and Minke, who made it such a great experience. They emphasized safety and took the time to explain everything. They set up all the gear, helped us don it and took care of everything once we got back to the boat. I've got advanced scuba certification but have not dived in 5-6 years and the brief refresher they offered was worth every penny. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for some diving in St. Martin. Having gone diving at several Caribbean island locations, this was, by far, the best diving experience I've had in 20 years. Two thumbs up.
-BMcD